ERR MOU Transitional Provision

Sorrynotsorry

Lurker
An employee is selected on an ERR in 2015 prior to MOU going live. The losing facility is below CAT 2 staffing. The employee has a release date that is out of compliance with the MOU which he/she gets to keep since it can't be improved. Later in 2016 staffing health improves above CAT 2. According to the Q & A's that came out with the mou, the employee should be offered a new date in compliance with the mou.

Should the employee be given a new date based on the date of selection? or from the time the facility moved above CAT 2. The only wording in the MOU indicates the that release dates are from date of selection.

If it's from date of selection then the employee could be gone tomorrow. If it's from the date the facility moved to CAT 2 the employee would keep their current date because it's within 1 year.

Has anybody had this come up yet?

An employee is selected on an ERR in 2015 prior to MOU going live. The losing facility is below CAT 2 staffing. The employee has a release date that is out of compliance with the MOU which he/she gets to keep since it can't be improved. Later in 2016 staffing health improves above CAT 2. According to the Q & A's that came out with the mou, the employee should be offered a new date in compliance with the mou.

Should the employee be given a new date based on the date of selection? or from the time the facility moved above CAT 2. The only wording in the MOU indicates the that release dates are from date of selection.

If it's from date of selection then the employee could be gone tomorrow. If it's from the date the facility moved to CAT 2 the employee would keep their current date because it's within 1 year.

Has anybody had this come up yet?
It seems to me that it would be management discretion as they seem to be bending/making up rules as they see fit even with this new MOU.

Whichever would be give the quickest release date would be used. If there's still 18 months for the date, and you go cat 2, you must be given a new date of no more than 12. If you have 5 months till the date, you keep that date.

It seems to me that it would be management discretion as they seem to be bending/making up rules as they see fit even with this new MOU.
It's written in the sops that they can change whatever they see fit. One more awesome aspect of the people in control of your careers.

Whichever would be give the quickest release date would be used. If there's still 18 months for the date, and you go cat 2, you must be given a new date of no more than 12. If you have 5 months till the date, you keep that date.

I agree that it would be 12 months or original date. The dispute is whether or not the clock starts at date of selection, which is the only wording used in the mou, or from the date we move above cat 2.

My selection happened September 2015. My release date was May 17. We moved above cat 2 in July 16.

If I were to get a new date based on date of selection I would be able to leave next month. If the date is from the date we move above cat 2 then I'd keep my existing date because it's already within a year.

Robertb-I didn't realize how many caveats were in the mou. The approvals for deviations are difficult but they're getting them. People are getting released on Sup announcements in house and to other facilities. TMC announcements temps, perms and 120 day temps, are keeping our staffing just below the national average. Conveniently, these selections happened in may and in Aug just weeks before the NCEPT meets. We have several out on temps that aren't counted toward current cpc number but are counted in the future projections. We almost never get anyone back to the floor from a temp position. They either get made permanent or move on. So really the 1 yr projection doesn't look bad on paper, but the reality is we'll never be close to that number.

I understand that these positions need filled, but filling them is keeping current cpc numbers just below national average. They're just being smart and playing the game. Why would they not fill these positions? If our staffing gets up people are going to bounce and they won't have temps or controllers.

If I were to get a new date based on date of selection I would be able to leave next month. If the date is from the date we move above cat 2 then I'd keep my existing date because it's already within a year

From when it becomes Cat2. The date just has to comply with the current situation, which in your case it does. But your manager could move it up if he wanted to.

Does anyone know about the new mou where permanent tmc's are included in the mou. And if so, should all the numbers for staffing be reflected with that change?

Back
Top Bottom