Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-49432

A guy I worked with got was selected to take the ATSA but then told me he got an email yesterday but he had to turn down the OTS bid. So what everyone is saying is corrrect; according to what I've heard.

I would definitely turn down the OTS bid if offered a TOL to the prior experience bid. It doesn't make sense to go through the hiring process for the OTS announcement, take the AT-SA, and then go to the academy to re-learn the basics. However, if I got offered an up/down I would more than likely have to attend the radar course in OKC when the time came.

Well I think it's pretty safe to say we're not going to make it on the experience bid. Still too much time left in service. I've already taken the AT-SA as well.

TOLs going out today :)

Interesting info relevant to active duty with more than 120 days left
Active Duty Military Obligation: You will not receive the pre-employment process information until you are within 3 months of separating. If you are 2 months from your separation date and have not been contacted by our office, please contact us at 405-954-4657 or [email protected].
Entrance on Duty (EOD) Requirements: If you are unable to complete pre-employment requirements and EOD within 15 months from the date of this tentative offer (for reasons other than military service), you may no longer be considered for this position.
A one-year probationary period may be required.

Sounds like maybe you can still be selected, contrary to what the announcement seemed to state.

Files attached for those who want to get a head start filling them out. The only one missing is the TOL itself which is addressed to you and must be signed and returned.

Attachments

• Additional Position-Appointment Information - ATCS.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Applicant Contact Form.pdf
    109.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Drug and Alcohol Testing 2016.pdf
    867.7 KB · Views: 13
  • OF-306.pdf
    374.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SF15.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Experience questionnaire. Notice it specifies "up to 5 facilities". Also, you can volunteer for remote assignments.

exp_questionaire.png exp_questionaire_definitions.png exp_questionaire_remote.png

TOLs going out today :)

Sounds like maybe you can still be selected, contrary to what the announcement seemed to state.

This is promising considering there was a back and forth if those of us with more than 120 could be selected. Here is to hoping I get something.

This is promising considering there was a back and forth if those of us with more than 120 could be selected. Here is to hoping I get something.
Very, considering I was on the fence about applying as I'm not out until July. I went ahead and applied with the attitude of the worst that can happen is I don't get picked up.

Experience questionnaire. Notice it specifies "up to 5 facilities". Also, you can volunteer for remote assignments.

View attachment 414 View attachment 415 View attachment 416
Most of my busy ATC experience was in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those towers don't exactly pop up so had to only put my dinky state side towers in there. I don't think it's a huge deal but I'd like a decent facility and was just wondering how much this matters. What should I do if anything?

Most of my busy ATC experience was in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those towers don't exactly pop up so had to only put my dinky state side towers in there. I don't think it's a huge deal but I'd like a decent facility and was just wondering how much this matters. What should I do if anything?
You don't get any valid certifications from deployed locations. They don't really count for anything. Your experience determines what types and levels of facilities they deem you qualified for. see Previous Experience Hire Placement for details.

Back
Top Bottom