Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

What facility? Your process going fairly quick? I just wonder if its easier for the HR personnel to process our paperwork if were already somewhat "in the system" as Contractors.

Doubt it's going quicker for any other reason than getting lucky with an active HR rep.

I'm a prior FAA CPC and non-probationary employee reapplying on this bid (resigned in good standing for family medical reasons). I was given a TOL but haven't even gotten a receipt back yet. It's just how the agency works, you'll understand soon haha

Maybe it’s different for prior exp bids but with us on the OTS bid we sent in our appointment date and such per the CIL and then they sent the drug test info with the medexpress info too.

I emailed and asked. 5 days before your medical appointment, they will email you for medxpress stuff and there will be a number to call for your drug test. It will be 2 different appointments. I can’t believe how fast they’re moving with this bid.

During my initial Class II Flight Physical for the contract side, I did my drug test at the same appointment. With that being said, I know during the FAA Medical exam you have to do a EKG, so surely they'd knock out a urinalysis at the same time?

It will be two different appointments. If you are lucky, you get in before you have to retake the drug test due to the length of time between taking it and getting hired. I wouldn’t suggest smoking bowls afterwards

bowls as in plural, orrrrrrrr
Shittttt

So how far back do they send employer letters? Because I used to date my bosses daughter and we ended our relationship on not good terms so idk if he’s going to shit talk me if they send a questionare to him. I left that job in 2011. I had one job after that and then 6 years of military service.

So how far back do they send employer letters? Because I used to date my bosses daughter and we ended our relationship on not good terms so idk if he’s going to shit talk me if they send a questionare to him. I left that job in 2011. I had one job after that and then 6 years of military service.
I did my eQIP and they went back 10 years for my jobs and I think 7 for my residences. I remember it was 10 years back because I did it Dec 2018 and in 2008 I was still in high school.

I used to see some of the forms OPM sent to my employer at a previous job referencing an applicant. The forms they send basically just verify that you worked there during the time frame you specified and under the position/pay you disclosed. Once that's all filled in, there is a small section for the employer to include some brief details but remember that this is a legal form that will bear his/her signature.

For whomever this may be useful for...
I received my TOL for this bid on 3/9/18. I also got my TOL rescinded due to my Employment Availability Date since I am still in the military.
I ETS March 2020 and my terminal leave starts in Jan 2020. I would've entered the 120 day window in November. I figured I would be fine since the pre-employment process is lengthy PLUS the government shutdown. Thankfully for y'all they are moving pretty fast this bid (just my luck).
I called HR for clarification and they told me that the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) sets a certain date candidates need to be available by for each bid and it changes for each bid. They also don't publish the date of course. Good luck to y'all I will be looking forward to seeing the facility lists. I am going to go cry until the next bid comes out!

For whomever this may be useful for...
I received my TOL for this bid on 3/9/18. I also got my TOL rescinded due to my Employment Availability Date since I am still in the military.
I ETS March 2020 and my terminal leave starts in Jan 2020. I would've entered the 120 day window in November. I figured I would be fine since the pre-employment process is lengthy PLUS the government shutdown. Thankfully for y'all they are moving pretty fast this bid (just my luck).
I called HR for clarification and they told me that the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) sets a certain date candidates need to be available by for each bid and it changes for each bid. They also don't publish the date of course. Good luck to y'all I will be looking forward to seeing the facility lists. I am going to go cry until the next bid comes out!
Uhh yeah. The fact that you even got a TOL is surprising. Same shit happened to my friend who separates in December.

Also I think you mean 2019 not 2018

Back
Top Bottom