Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

People that opt for an in person class will probably sit around for 6 months, and then be forced to take it online anyways.
I guess we shall see. Judging by how this pandemic is progressing I don’t see the academy being closed through the fall. Same with college campuses etc.

I hope so! Since I’m off the street there is lots to learn.
Off the street is no different from anyone else going to the academy. They both pass and fail. You learn everything you need to learn at the academy and the ones that fail have no business doing the job.

Off the street is no different from anyone else going to the academy. They both pass and fail. You learn everything you need to learn at the academy and the ones that fail have no business doing the job.
Lots to learn about how the FAA handles everything. Wasn’t talking about what goes on at the academy.

Damn if July classes are online then I Hope August classes will be in person. I think I can wait until August for the academy. Before the pandemic I wasn’t expecting to get a class date until July at the earliest anyways.
I hope they start in-person classes by the time your FOL comes because delaying for months will kind of fuck over your seniority for bidding leave and the timer for the 25 year retirement (which is why online on-boarding is so attractive.)

I hope they start in-person classes by the time your FOL comes because delaying for months will kind of fuck over your seniority for bidding leave and the timer for the 25 year retirement (which is why online on-boarding is so attractive.)
Good point. Before this pandemic kicked off in America in March people were posting their class dates and it had already reached June yet I had not got my FOL. So I wasn’t expecting to go to the academy until July at the earliest. Since it’s already June and people are getting July offers I’m thinking mine won’t be until August or September. But by then I could absolutely see the academy being open. If college campuses open up then the academy could open up as well. But I guess by the time July rolls around we will know if schools and campuses plan to open for the new school year in august. Just have to wait for the time being.

Good point. Before this pandemic kicked off in America in March people were posting their class dates and it had already reached June yet I had not got my FOL. So I wasn’t expecting to go to the academy until July at the earliest. Since it’s already June and people are getting July offers I’m thinking mine won’t be until August or September. But by then I could absolutely see the academy being open. If college campuses open up then the academy could open up as well. But I guess by the time July rolls around we will know if schools and campuses plan to open for the new school year in august. Just have to wait for the time being.
I currently work for a large school system and I can absolutely assure you no one has any idea if they will open up come August.

What alphawiskey is pointing out is, it seems you've never worked in, with or around any kind of government. They tell you it operates one way, then they do it the opposite. Its that way all the way from small city gov, to the big wigs.

Source: multiple years working in the gov
I’m aware of this. I just brought it up because as of now the FAA still plans to have basics at the academy as well. I never said it was set in stone and they have to stick to their word.

If its so unknown what the FAA will do next then you can’t act like it’s set in stone that they will move all basics going forward
to online. Same way I can’t act like they will still have in-person basics at the academy soon only because they gave people the option to wait.

I’m aware of this. I just brought it up because as of now the FAA still plans to have basics at the academy as well. I never said it was set in stone and they have to stick to their word.

If its so unknown what the FAA will do next then you can’t act like it’s set in stone that they will move all basics going forward
to online. Same way I can’t act like they will still have in-person basics at the academy soon only because they gave people the option to wait.
Like I mentioned earlier, with all the uncertainly , waiting on an in person class when you have the option to start immediately is a roll of the dice. Trainees who are already at their facilities are afraid of the potential for furloughs come October. I can almost guarantee that if the FAA does end up making budget cuts, upcoming classes and those who have not been sworn in as employees yet will be at the top of the chopping block.

Where are you getting that information?
People have posted about getting their FOL as of recent where the FAA gives you the option to take basics online or just wait to take it when the academy opens back up. So that means that at this moment they still plan to have basics at the academy eventually.

Back
Top Bottom