Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Like I mentioned earlier, with all the uncertainly , waiting on an in person class when you have the option to start immediately is a roll of the dice. Trainees who are already at their facilities are afraid of the potential for furloughs come October. I can almost guarantee that if the FAA does end up making budget cuts, upcoming classes and those who have not been sworn in as employees yet will be at the top of the chopping block.
Again, I was never even talking about online vs in person basics and what I will personally decide to do when I Get a FOL. I only stated that as of right now the academy still plans to have basics in person at the academy. That’s literally it.

Like I mentioned earlier, with all the uncertainly , waiting on an in person class when you have the option to start immediately is a roll of the dice. Trainees who are already at their facilities are afraid of the potential for furloughs come October. I can almost guarantee that if the FAA does end up making budget cuts, upcoming classes and those who have not been sworn in as employees yet will be at the top of the chopping block.
Some people can't give up their current jobs to sit at home with minimal pay for an indefinite period of time. It's not always about what you want.

Again, I was never even talking about online vs in person basics and what I will personally decide to do when I Get a FOL. I only stated that as of right now the academy still plans to have basics in person at the academy. That’s literally it.
Interesting, none of the instructors have ever mentioned basics coming back to the academy. It makes more sense to just fully go online though, you can theoretically fit unlimited students into one basics class and skip paying per diem to the students while also cutting down the number of instructors.

Literally everyone wins if it goes online, students stay home instead of being at OKC, less facilities/money is spent on the FAA side, and there's no chance of COVID.

Costs less money, manpower, and resources for the FAA while not messing with recruitment numbers.

You’ve posted several times saying you’d probably prefer to wait for an in person class. Just saying for you or anyone else that’s considering it, it’s a gamble.

Interesting, none of the instructors have ever mentioned basics coming back to the academy. It makes more sense to just fully go online though, you can theoretically fit unlimited students into one basics class and skip paying per diem to the students while also cutting down the number of instructors.

Literally everyone wins if it goes online, students stay home instead of being at OKC, less facilities/money is spent on the FAA side, and there's no chance of COVID.

Costs less money, manpower, and resources for the FAA while not messing with recruitment numbers.
If it saves money for the FAA then it absolutely makes the most sense to move it online. Just saying that even through this week the FAA is still calling people and giving them the option for online basics or wait until the academy opens up. That’s all I was saying lol
You’ve posted several times saying you’d probably prefer to wait for an in person class. Just saying for you or anyone else that’s considering it, it’s a gamble.
I have. I’ve also stated I’ve flip flopped on both options several times.

Even if I have said what I would prefer that’s not what the discussion was about in the first place so that’s irrelevant.

If it saves money for the FAA then it absolutely makes the most sense to move it online. Just saying that even through this week the FAA is still calling people and giving them the option for online basics or wait until the academy opens up. That’s all I was saying lol

I have. I’ve also stated I’ve flip flopped on both options several times.

Even if I have said what I would prefer that’s not what the discussion was about in the first place so that’s irrelevant.
Posts about it but doesn't want to discuss it because that's not what this topic is about.

Guys I've got a MASSIVE DICK AND BALLS but please don't pay attention to it, it's not the time or place for it ;)

why even post then lol

Posts about it but doesn't want to discuss it because that's not what this topic is about.

Guys I've got a MASSIVE DICK AND BALLS but please don't pay attention to it, it's not the time or place for it ;)

why even post then lol
What? I don’t mind talking about it but what my preference for online vs in person basics was irrelevant to how reliable the FAA’s word is and if they will move all basics going forward to online only.

I’ve actually already even talked about my thoughts on online vs in person only like 3 pages ago lol. I said my only concern is that the accelerated nature of the online basics would be mediocre training but it looks like people are still passing at an exceptional rate.

Wait, can we like, go on hold for 5 minutes? I need to put some more popcorn in the microwave ?
I thought we were all being civil here ?
Some people might just need to vent and let everything out ?‍♂️

I don’t mind being the weekend punching bag though!

Last edited:
What? I don’t mind talking about it but what my preference for online vs in person basics was irrelevant to how reliable the FAA’s word is and if they will move all basics going forward to online only.

I’ve actually already even talked about my thoughts on online vs in person only like 3 pages ago lol. I said my only concern is that the accelerated nature of the online basics would be mediocre training but it looks like people are still passing at an exceptional rate.
Dude I can assure you that you have posted 5+ times mentioning how you don't want to take basics online and how it will hurt your career. That's why I made the joke, you've made the comment so many times we all know and heard it before.

I've mentioned my GIRTHY, VEINY, ROCK-SOLID DICK AND TURGID BALLS three times so far, which do you think people want to read more about?

There are so many more advantages to online onboarding than waiting an unknown amount of months because your concern is failing basics (which if you do, you genuinely weren't cut out to be an ATC anyway) is so laughably misinformed, it's becoming a troll post on it's own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I can assure you that you have posted 5+ times mentioning how you don't want to take basics online and how it will hurt your career. That's why I made the joke, you've made the comment so many times we all know and we've heard it before.

I've mentioned my GIRTHY, VEINY, ROCK-SOLID DICK AND BALLS three times so far, which do you think people want to read more about?

There are so many more advantages to online onboarding than waiting an unknown amount of months because your concern is failing basics (which if you do, you genuinely weren't cut out to be an ATC anyway) is so laughably misinformed, it's becoming a troll post on it's own.

Exactly. This.

Dude I can assure you that you have posted 5+ times mentioning how you don't want to take basics online and how it will hurt your career. That's why I made the joke, you've made the comment so many times we all know and heard it before.

I've mentioned my GIRTHY, VEINY, ROCK-SOLID DICK AND TURGID BALLS three times so far, which do you think people want to read more about?

I have and I also said I’ve flip flopped on it. I don’t see how it’s that hard to understand that. I didn’t say online would hurt my career. I said that since this is my career I don’t want to get screwed over with a mediocre accelerated training for basics. I even said in the same comment that I may be overreacting to the accelerated online basics.

And still, it has nothing to do with if the FAA will go against their word and make basics online only going forward.

anything else you need to let out? I’m here for you.

When I talked to the HR lady she said the class is 25 days. So where are some people getting it has been shortened from?

I have and I also said I’ve flip flopped on it. I don’t see how it’s that hard to understand that. I didn’t say online would hurt my career. I said that since this is my career I don’t want to get screwed over with a mediocre accelerated training for basics. I even said in the same comment that I may be overreacting to the accelerated online basics.

And still, it has nothing to do with if the FAA will go against their word and make basics online only going forward.

"I didn’t say online would hurt my career. I said that since this is my career I don’t want to get screwed over with a mediocre accelerated training for basics."
From using context clues and reading comprehension it appears that you are concerned that online training will hurt your career. It's difficult to think anyone reading this sentence can think otherwise.

I don't think you realize that this forum is meant to inform you- we've repeated the same argument ad nauseum in favor of taking on-boarding and you're just saying "I changed my mind!" and later post that you'e changed your mind again when we've tried to convince you before. What's the point of posting you've changed your mind?

"anything else you need to let out? I’m here for you."
Yes- simply put, stop repeating the same misinformed opinion and question over and over again (and acting like you've changed when you're baiting for different replies but not getting them) when you know you're going to get the same answer.

When I talked to the HR lady she said the class is 25 days. So where are some people getting it has been shortened from?
From the people who are actually taking the class. It is shortened. She might be including weekends into that count.

Oh okay.

BTW right when I'm trying to decide if I want to be a controller I witnessed the first plane crash I've ever seen. Huge fireball in the sky and a loud boom that could be heard over 10miles away. Aircraft seemed to have lost an engine, as it was found several miles from the reckage, and it exploded in mid air. Hundreds of people saw it and heard it. It was quite a spectacular site. Sadly there were no survivors.

I was informed my online basics starts on June 22nd and ends on July 15th for a total of 18 days (M-F), but including weekends it makes it out to be 24 days. So then maybe my class really ends on the 16th if it's 25 days long? Either way, I find it strange that they're including weekends into that count.

"I said that since this is my career I don’t want to get screwed over with a mediocre accelerated training for basics."
From using context clues and reading comprehension it appears that you are concerned that online training will hurt my career. It's difficult to think anyone reading this sentence can think otherwise.

I don't think you realize that this forum is meant to inform you- we've repeated the same argument ad nauseum in favor of taking on-boarding and you're just saying "I changed my mind! I'm going to do this!" and later post that you'e changed your mind again when we've tried to convince you before. What's the point of posting you've changed your mind?

"anything else you need to let out? I’m here for you."
Yes- simply put, stop repeating the same misinformed opinion over and over again (and acting like you've changed when you're baiting for different replies but not getting them) when you know you're going to get the same answer.
What’s funny is that I didn’t even bring it up at all today during this discussion. And when it was brought up I said that it was irrelevant to the discussion that was going on. And then I got called out for saying that because someone deemed it as “not wanting to talk about it”. So I don’t really understand your point. I wasn’t talking about my personal preference about online or in person and I didn’t even get into it when someone tried to bring it up with me.

I understand the pros and cons of online and in person. You keep bringing it up Like that’s what the discussion was even about when it was about if the FAA will stick to their word about still having in person basics.

So is there anything else or do you still want to be ignorant about what’s going on? Like I said I’m here for you if you need to vent or let something out. I don’t mind ❤️

Totally understandable that you would want to wait. If you have never ever been exposed to aviation, it could possibly be harder to understand. BUT just keep all this advise in mind. If the FAA really does make online basics permanent and ceases in-person basics, it could also potentially put you in "limbo" in the system if you have the chance of turning it down. There are some people from the 2017 bid that still haven't made it to the academy all because HR forgot about them (and they weren't even tier-2 from what I read).

I also understand that there are some people that can't afford to do the online basics because of their cost of living or other major financial obligations. Whatever you decide, make sure you understand the potential future outcomes of that decision.

What’s funny is that I didn’t even bring it up at all today during this discussion. And when it was brought up I said that it was irrelevant to the discussion that was going on. And then I got called out for saying that because someone deemed it as “not wanting to talk about it”. So I don’t really understand your point. I wasn’t talking about my personal preference about online or in person and I didn’t even get into it when someone tried to bring it up with me.

I understand the pros and cons of online and in person. You keep bringing it up Like that’s what the discussion was even about when it was about if the FAA will stick to their word about still having in person basics.

So is there anything else or do you still want to be ignorant about what’s going on? Like I said I’m here for you if you need to vent or let something out. I don’t mind ❤

Your realize that discussions aren't sorted by days, people can respond to anything they want? They are still discussing it? You brought it up, and then say it's irrelelvant. Like I said before, you bring something up then say it's irrelevant. So why bring it up? If you post something, people are going to reply to it. That's how forums work lol.

E.G see: MY MASSIVE DONG (this is 4 times!)

I bring it up because you bring it up- that's what a discussion is. We don't just say "I'm going to bring up your political past" for no reason because you didn't bring it up. It's not relevant. What is relevant is what you posted.

e.g. see: MY MASSIVE DONG (this is 5 times now!)

Eventually someone is going to ask: Why are you saying "MASSIVE DONG"? Because I bring it up.

But continue thinking that waiting for an FOL is the best career choice for you right now! I'll laugh at you from across the street while you're starting your first week, if I haven't washed out or gone to a facility already.

Trying to use sarcasm as a shield doesn't work when you have no spine to make a decision, and no brain to connect it to ❤

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally understandable that you would want to wait. If you have never ever been exposed to aviation, it could possibly be harder to understand. BUT just keep all this advise in mind. If the FAA really does make online basics permanent and ceases in-person basics, it could also potentially put you in "limbo" in the system if you have the chance of turning it down. There are some people from the 2017 bid that still haven't made it to the academy all because HR forgot about them (and they weren't even tier-2 from what I read).

I also understand that there are some people that can't afford to do the online basics because of their cost of living or other major financial obligations. Whatever you decide, make sure you understand the potential future outcomes of that decision.
Well said! I really do appreciate your words.

Back
Top Bottom