Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

just got offered 9/14 terminal! for reference i reached out to CS in the beginning of april and finally got a reply on 4/24 that i've been cleared. but i'm guessing i was probably cleared sometime in end of march/beginning of april and they didn't tell me
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.

You missed some of the main points that we discussed earlier. With things slowly progressing if we were given the option again to start online we would take it. Unfortunately, it does not seem we will be afforded that option.

That was kind of the whole point for my original post. A lot of us didn’t elect “to wait for in-person” classes, we elected to wait for things to return to somewhat normal. Now that things are “somewhat normal” we just wish we were afforded the same opportunity that others are.
I understand. I chose to ignore that because I thought that my post would clear some things up. I give it a 50/50 chance. I would NOT be surprised if they NEVER give you the option for it again and do one of the above mentioned things. I also would NOT be surprised if they do and everything works hunky dory. My post was just simply an attempt to explain to you that the government does the WILDEST things. Especially when it comes to people who aren't in, and are trying to

I understand. I chose to ignore that because I thought that my post would clear some things up. I give it a 50/50 chance. I would NOT be surprised if they NEVER give you the option for it again and do one of the above mentioned things. I also would NOT be surprised if they do and everything works hunky dory. My post was just simply an attempt to explain to you that the government does the WILDEST things. Especially when it comes to people who aren't in, and are trying to
No biggie, I understood what you were saying.

First of all let me say your reputation proceeds you. I am not on here that much but i have heard of you haha i dont know if it good or bad but i definitely have heard of you lol also i am not gonna pretend to know more than you because at this point you probably have forgotten more ATC stuff then i have learned but ShadryR6 is right i seen what happened to the applicants during the shut down how they had to go home and same with covid i was trying to avoid that. I was hoping to return when we are at somewhat normal and its seems like this will be our somewhat normal. So it would be nice if they offered onboarding to us again because it seems like everyone all ready knows in person basics will not be coming back especially with the COVID hanging around.

First of all let me say your reputation proceeds you. I am not on here that much but i have heard of you haha i dont know if it good or bad but i definitely have heard of you lol also i am not gonna pretend to know more than you because at this point you probably have forgotten more ATC stuff then i have learned but ShadryR6 is right i seen what happened to the applicants during the shut down how they had to go home and same with covid i was trying to avoid that. I was hoping to return when we are at somewhat normal and its seems like this will be our somewhat normal. So it would be nice if they offered onboarding to us again because it seems like everyone all ready knows in person basics will not be coming back especially with the COVID hanging around.
Seeing as ShortGuy and a few others recently got their initial offers, I think that about rounds up everyone from this bid. Once everyone has had their initial offer, I'd think they'd start offering the declined individuals another shot.

But like Tin said, it is the gov and I wouldn't be surprised if they put those in a "forgotten file" somewhere with the Clinton emails

Absolutely would be nice. I can't blame y'all for what you decided. As for my reputation. It is what it is. The reason it is what it is was because I wanted to share my experience with newbies. Like I was. Hopefully it helps people. If not. Ill be infamously known as the guy who went to a level 11 with experience, withdrew and was offered FSS. it is what it is.

That was kind of the whole point for my original post. A lot of us didn’t elect “to wait for in-person” classes, we elected to wait for things to return to somewhat normal. Now that things are “somewhat normal” we just wish we were afforded the same opportunity that others are. Nothing more, nothing less.
Someone mentioned they turned down a June online class and was given a September onboarding so I would assume that's what would be happening to us. I turned down the virtual class because I didn't want to wait indefinitely at their pay rate for the academy to reopen. Now that the academy is open, I assume everyone who chose to wait would be getting onboarding dates. It would seem ridiculous for us to not be getting class dates now.

Someone mentioned they turned down a June online class and was given a September onboarding so I would assume that's what would be happening to us. I turned down the virtual class because I didn't want to wait indefinitely at their pay rate for the academy to reopen. Now that the academy is open, I assume everyone who chose to wait would be getting onboarding dates. It would seem ridiculous for us to not be getting class dates now.
I’m curious as to how they decide what order to give dates to those who turned it down initially. I turned the offer down at the end of March.

Seeing as ShortGuy and a few others recently got their initial offers, I think that about rounds up everyone from this bid. Once everyone has had their initial offer, I'd think they'd start offering the declined individuals another shot.

But like Tin said, it is the gov and I wouldn't be surprised if they put those in a "forgotten file" somewhere with the Clinton emails
Almost, a few of us (including me) from this bid passed Tier-2/Medical in June/July and we haven't gotten an onboarding date yet.

I’m actually an unfortunate 2018 tier 2 case, and was cleared in June. It seems like they’re just starting to get to early April clearances, which means we still have the rest of those April cases, May cases, and then June/ July cases. No idea how many there are left but that seems to be the trend.

I’m actually an unfortunate 2018 tier 2 case, and was cleared in June. It seems like they’re just starting to get to early April clearances, which means we still have the rest of those April cases, May cases, and then June/ July cases. No idea how many there are left but that seems to be the trend.
That is unfortunate, but at least it seems like it's moving.

Have you checked to see if you’re a tier 2 case?
Yeah I passed the MMPI, they needed additional medical docs which I sent and was told they were sent for review. I’ve asked my medical poc if I’m cleared and still haven’t heard anything but last month my Hr poc said Its still pending.

Back
Top Bottom