Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Man I'll wait as long as it takes to go to the Academy, just want one of those onboarding dates this year. Anything that lets me quit my current job.

Sometimes it's the best we can get. Also going based off the approx number of people through Basics already and how fast they're getting through in OKC (8 per class) it passes the quick logic test.
True, not saying the info you got is bad, just saying tons of people know somebody who claims to know something, but the truth is, when it comes to the FAA (and particularly in a situation like we’re in now) nobody has any clue what’s going on. For example, trainees already at facilities have literally heard nothing but rumors for the past 5 months, basically none of which have been true. I wouldn’t be surprised if the agency came out next week and said everything is returning to normal. I also wouldn’t be shocked if they said we’re all furloughed. It’s just nuts right now.

Not surprised at all. I know people from my old class (they break you up into 9 person OKC classes because of COVID) who are still in limbo and waiting for a class date after completing basics in March. They have gone over the training modules now 6 times. If you have a job now, enjoy it. Post-tax income, with health insurance and no per diem is about $280/wk. They've been living on that since March. Enjoy your job and ride out the storm, as of right now, no FOLs are being rescinded.

Hope your last name ends with A-D. If not, you're going to have a rough time.

You got time between now and then so you're good if you don't hear anything for a bit. And geez oh man are you lucky, 9/14 is gonna be the last class of the year. #inunderthewire

Yeah I am lucky about that timing to say the least lol. I’m also pretty happy that I got Terminal so I really don’t have anything to complain about for awhile honestly.

Not surprised at all. I know people from my old class (they break you up into 9 person OKC classes because of COVID) who are still in limbo and waiting for a class date after completing basics in March. They have gone over the training modules now 6 times. If you have a job now, enjoy it. Post-tax income, with health insurance and no per diem is about $280/wk. They've been living on that since March. Enjoy your job and ride out the storm, as of right now, no FOLs are being rescinded.

Hope your last name ends with A-D. If not, you're going to have a rough time.
What's wrong with last names?

I really hope we get some return to work bonus from congress in the relief, that would make this waiting for OKC classes much easier...
and also that we don't wait til like march for OKC for the 9/14 onboarding.

Do we just need to keep studying for months, 8 hours a day while waiting for OKC?

Man I'll wait as long as it takes to go to the Academy, just want one of those onboarding dates this year. Anything that lets me quit my current job.

Did you turn down an online basics offer?

I keep dancing back and forth between beating myself up for turning down online basics and other times feeling like I made the right decision. If people aren't going to be going to OKC till the middle of next year then I think I made the right decision to hold hold off cause $280 a week for a year and no second job isn't going to cut it.

I am in online enroute training now, on the second or third round through the lessons. So far 4 people have left our virtual class to head to OKC. So there some progress, slow, but some. Also notification that you're starting in person classes seems to be about 5-7 days before your start date.

I keep dancing back and forth between beating myself up for turning down online basics and other times feeling like I made the right decision. If people aren't going to be going to OKC till the middle of next year then I think I made the right decision to hold hold off cause $280 a week for a year and no second job isn't going to cut it.
I'm in the same boat. I keep kicking myself for choosing to wait. But at the same time, I have a pretty cushy job so if I have to wait another year and half before a class, that's ok too. Besides, maybe a vaccine will show up and by Q1 2021 everything will be back to normal ?‍♀️

That would be correct. The last onboarding is 9/14 so the last actual class start should be late October. No more after that for a while. The classes just finishing Basics now are looking at late January for OKC.

If I am only halfway through basics right now, when would you estimate I would be going to OKC?

When you guys were notified of your on boarding and FOL did it first come through a phone call? or has it all been through email like everything previously?

When you guys were notified of your on boarding and FOL did it first come through a phone call? or has it all been through email like everything previously?
I received phone call first, then email with on board date and some further details and then FOL email.

I am in online enroute training now, on the second or third round through the lessons. So far 4 people have left our virtual class to head to OKC. So there some progress, slow, but some. Also notification that you're starting in person classes seems to be about 5-7 days before your start date.
So when you get to online basics you go through the courses over and over until you finally get a class date? Sorry I stopped following this thread towards the beginning of quarantine and now I'm trying to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom