Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Doing better that I have an actual class date

Edit: starts 8/20, since somebody will probably ask
Hell yeah. How long did it take you to hear back from HR after you signed and returned the FOL? I signed and returned mine on 7/30 for my 9/14 class but haven’t heard anything since. I think I’m just too paranoid lol

Hell yeah. How long did it take you to hear back from HR after you signed and returned the FOL? I signed and returned mine on 7/30 for my 9/14 class but haven’t heard anything since. I think I’m just too paranoid lol
You got time between now and then so you're good if you don't hear anything for a bit. And geez oh man are you lucky, 9/14 is gonna be the last class of the year. #inunderthewire

You got time between now and then so you're good if you don't hear anything for a bit. And geez oh man are you lucky, 9/14 is gonna be the last class of the year. #inunderthewire
Are you guys talking about a 9/14 onboarding or 9/14 basics, OKC class date? Thnx very much

Are you guys talking about a 9/14 onboarding or 9/14 basics, OKC class date? Thnx very much
I'm referring to 9/14 Onboarding

I'm scheduled for 9/14 on boarding. Terminal FOL. I do not know if classes start right after or if theres a wait? Excited and nervous for this process.
Expect a wait in the range of a month or a bit more. Most of us have had that experience.

Co
I'm scheduled for 9/14 on boarding. Terminal FOL. I do not know if classes start right after or if theres a wait? Excited and nervous for this process.
n
congrats to ya! Rumor mill says academy so backed up it may be 6 months to a year wait for recent bids to get to OKC after online basics

Co

n
congrats to ya! Rumor mill says academy so backed up it may be 6 months to a year wait for recent bids to get to OKC after online basics

I hope not that's going to be a major yikes on paying bills. I keep seeing conflicting info regarding if able to have a part time job while waiting for a class date or on weekends during class. Anyone get a concrete answer?

I hope not that's going to be a major yikes on paying bills. I keep seeing conflicting info regarding if able to have a part time job while waiting for a class date or on weekends during class. Anyone get a concrete answer?
Heard that...approx $25k/year waiting. I’d defer to your HR rep, but also heard it’s ok to work nights/weekends, =not business hours, since they’re paying you to ‘study’ during regular business hours. ?

I on boarded May 26th and the day I finished basics, my class was told that we were scheduled to be in OKC October 13 (not set in stone yet). Since they're limiting class sizes to 8-9 people, gaps between basics finishing and in-person initial starting will get larger as time goes on. I recommend signing up with some delivery driver apps if you can in the meantime and do those during the weekends if money is going to be a problem. I emailed my HR rep a week ago and she said as long as it doesn't conflict with the FAA schedule it's fine.

When they called me about onboarding, I asked multiple times and she said as long as it doesn't affect me going through basics, I can work at night and weekends. I onboarded 7/13 and have been working part time and start basics 8/20. Will probably keep working weekends if my job lets me.

Can anybody else verify that? I thought I saw basics classes starting in October in the course catalog.

Can anybody else verify that? I thought I saw basics classes starting in October in the course catalog.
That would be correct. The last onboarding is 9/14 so the last actual class start should be late October. No more after that for a while. The classes just finishing Basics now are looking at late January for OKC.

That would be correct. The last onboarding is 9/14 so the last actual class start should be late October. No more after that for a while. The classes just finishing Basics now are looking at late January for OKC.
Oh okay, I get what you’re saying. Sorry, I’m still trying to make sense of everything while I’m waiting for a call to start onboarding. Thanks for clearing that up!

Back
Top Bottom