Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Seems off. The bid stayed open for the full 3 days this time, I thought? Last year, it was closed within like 36 hours. Not to mention, the chatter on forums surrounding this bid seems a lot quieter. Could just be me.

I thought I did great on the ATSA last year, and I didn't get an offer. I think I hit 99% on the first memory sections (only missing a few from keyboard goofs), 90%+ on the variables, and I only missed I believe 2 of the spatial relations ones. The radar sim obviously is a total crapshoot with predicting scores, but I did okay on it. Also no idea on the word problems and logic/reasoning questions, but I felt good about more than half of my answers there. I never got to find out what band my scores were in, but this is also my last shot so, I gotta go all in and try to nail this thing. Taking it tomorrow.

Seems off. The bid stayed open for the full 3 days this time, I thought? Last year, it was closed within like 36 hours. Not to mention, the chatter on forums surrounding this bid seems a lot quieter. Could just be me.

I thought I did great on the ATSA last year, and I didn't get an offer. I think I hit 99% on the first memory sections (only missing a few from keyboard goofs), 90%+ on the variables, and I only missed I believe 2 of the spatial relations ones. The radar sim obviously is a total crapshoot with predicting scores, but I did okay on it. Also no idea on the word problems and logic/reasoning questions, but I felt good about more than half of my answers there. I never got to find out what band my scores were in, but this is also my last shot so, I gotta go all in and try to nail this thing. Taking it tomorrow.

I pretty much have the exact same feeling as you right now. Felt like I did great, still going to take it again. I go next Saturday, but I felt good about the last time I took it so it should be a cake walk this time. Good luck to you.

I never got to find out what band my scores were in, but this is also my last shot so, I gotta go all in and try to nail this thing. Taking it tomorrow.

I pretty much have the exact same feeling as you right now. Felt like I did great, still going to take it again.

I just called last week to find out what band I was in last year, it really was a quick conversation. Knowing how you did last year may or may not make a difference for you going into this year's test, but don't be afraid to call and ask.

It seems to follow the longer the bid is open the more applicants. It also makes sense for them to keep it open longer considering last year they couldn't get enough Pool 1 candidates.

I'm wondering if the people who scored well qualified and above last year will be offered another chance to take the test. Still haven't received an invite but my usajobs application is still green

I'm wondering if the people who scored well qualified and above last year will be offered another chance to take the test. Still haven't received an invite but my usajobs application is still green

Received won't change to referred or not until after everyone takes the ATSA and TOLs go out.

I just called last week to find out what band I was in last year, it really was a quick conversation. Knowing how you did last year may or may not make a difference for you going into this year's test, but don't be afraid to call and ask.
I found out last years. I was best qualified or whatever and didn't get picked. The way I look at it, they passed me up last year so they can pass me again if everyone does better than me. I dont think I'll do worse so I'm retaking regardless.

Received won't change to referred or not until after everyone takes the ATSA and TOLs go out.
Most likely not until a new OTS bid is about to open. Lol

I found out last years. I was best qualified or whatever and didn't get picked. The way I look at it, they passed me up last year so they can pass me again if everyone does better than me. I dont think I'll do worse so I'm retaking regardless.

That's fair. I also got best qualified but I'm going to let my score roll over at least once. Hoping we got more Pool 1 applicants this time around or that my score places higher in this year's group of Pool 2 applicants.

It seems to follow the longer the bid is open the more applicants. It also makes sense for them to keep it open longer considering last year they couldn't get enough Pool 1 candidates.

They did not have enough people score well enough from Pool 1. Remember, "Qualified" and "Well-Qualified" WILL NOT get TOLs. ONLY "Best-Qualified" will get TOLs. How they determine that, who knows? If you took the ATSA last year, you're Pool 1, and did not get a TOL, you did not get "Best-Qualified". Go back and take the ATSA.

Supposedly there were ~700 people from Pool 2 who were "Best-Qualified" and did not get a TOL due to the 50% rule. To those people, may the odds be forever in your favor.

It is impossible to predict which pool will have higher scores this time anyway. It's possible pool one could blow pool two out of the water, or vice versa... Or the pools could be closely scored. I think some people are overthinking the testing and scores. Just do the best that you can, that is all you can do.

Only best qualified pool 1 applicants get TOLs? That's lame, I would think after they pick all their best qualified, they would dip into well qualified if they needed more, geez that's rough

Only best qualified pool 1 applicants get TOLs? That's lame, I would think after they pick all their best qualified, they would dip into well qualified if they needed more, geez that's rough

Only the "Best-Qualified" candidates from Pool 1 or Pool 2 have the potential to receive a TOL.

Only the "Best-Qualified" candidates from Pool 1 or Pool 2 have the potential to receive a TOL.
Where are you getting this information? The 2019 ATC Workforce Plan says this - "For FY 2019 hiring, there were fewer well-qualified applicants in Pool 1 (Collegiate Training Initiative (CTI) graduates and veterans) thus limiting the number of well-qualified Pool 2 (general public) applicants that could be selected for a position." From my understanding, they don't only select from the best-qualified candidates generally, that happened last year as a consequence of the low amount of qualified people in Pool 1.

It is impossible to predict which pool will have higher scores this time anyway. It's possible pool one could blow pool two out of the water, or vice versa... Or the pools could be closely scored. I think some people are overthinking the testing and scores. Just do the best that you can, that is all you can do.

Why would that matter? From what I understand Pool one numbers only dictate how much of Pool two can be hired, the scores themselves shouldn't matter. Unless they somehow have enough Pool one applicants to meet their hiring goal with only Pool one applicants, which seems unlikely

Where are you getting this information? The 2019 ATC Workforce Plan says this - "For FY 2019 hiring, there were fewer well-qualified applicants in Pool 1 (Collegiate Training Initiative (CTI) graduates and veterans) thus limiting the number of well-qualified Pool 2 (general public) applicants that could be selected for a position." From my understanding, they don't only select from the best-qualified candidates generally, that happened last year as a consequence of the low amount of qualified people in Pool 1.

Seems like kshaky is technically correct while bomber996 is correct in practice. Pretty sure they would take well-qualified applicants if they could fit it under the 10% rule, but seeing as they seem to never hit their hiring goal, in practice they never actually take all the best qualifieds.

Back
Top Bottom