Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Pretty sure they would take well-qualified applicants if they could fit it under the 10% rule, but

I think kshaky's question is, if they didn't have enough "best" Pool 1 to allow them to take all the "best" Pool 2, why not drop down and take some of the "well" Pool 1?

I think kshaky's question is, if they didn't have enough "best" Pool 1 to allow them to take all the "best" Pool 2, why not drop down and take some of the "well" Pool 1?
My assumption was that they took all the best and well-qualified from Pool 1. But that number was so low that they couldn't even take all the best qualified from Pool 2.

But, I don't work at FAA HR. If you know better, feel free to correct me.

My assumption was that they took all the best and well-qualified from Pool 1. But that number was so low that they couldn't even take all the best qualified from Pool 2.

But, I don't work at FAA HR. If you know better, feel free to correct me.
That is my assumption as well, that they didn't have enough Pool 1 best qualified and well-qualified candidates to give TOLs to at least all the best qualified candidates in Pool 2. Just food for thought. Not that it matters just hoping Pool 1 does better and I do better on the ATSA this year since being best qualified last year didn't work out for me.

I'm on the same boat. I was "best-qualified" last bid and no invite as of yet.
Spoke with them today. First lady states my resume/ resume builder did not contain hours worked like my application from last year. Advised to wait until bid in January to reapply. Second lady indicated the same thing and she tried to get me in with giving me the minimum working credit which is 20 hours a week. I came up short by 1 month.

That is my assumption as well, that they didn't have enough Pool 1 best qualified and well-qualified candidates to give TOLs to at least all the best qualified candidates in Pool 2. Just food for thought. Not that it matters just hoping Pool 1 does better and I do better on the ATSA this year since being best qualified last year didn't work out for me.
My take on it is since CTI route isn’t as popular anymore and any prior experience military can apply to the multiple bids they’ve been putting out more frequently now there aren’t many of us applying to OTS bids. And if there are only 200 CTI/vets applying and 100 place well qualified then it fucks over pool 2. These numbers are just made up just to make an example.

My take on it is since CTI route isn’t as popular anymore and any prior experience military can apply to the multiple bids they’ve been putting out more frequently now there aren’t many of us applying to OTS bids. And if there are only 200 CTI/vets applying and 100 place well qualified then it fucks over pool 2. These numbers are just made up just to make an example.
Also I'm sure many never thought of this as a career opportunity until a little later in life. If I was back in my younger 20s or graduating high school I'd probably want to go through the CTI route. Alas, I now have a wife and kids planned soon, so it's not practical for me to go that route now and try to work full time as well. I'm sure others can make it work, though.

Back when CTI was the only way they made tons of applicants. You’ll see pool 1 keep increasing prolly one the next year or 2 as people graduate since pool 1s inception.

L
This feels like new information, no? Does this mean all TOLs for this bid might go out before January? Or will many of us be dealing with two bids at once?

When I went through in 2018 I got my TOL right around Christmas time but the application was in July so if everything goes according to plan it'd be November for this bid, in theory.

Also I'm sure many never thought of this as a career opportunity until a little later in life. If I was back in my younger 20s or graduating high school I'd probably want to go through the CTI route. Alas, I now have a wife and kids planned soon, so it's not practical for me to go that route now and try to work full time as well. I'm sure others can make it work, though.
I couldn't agree with this more. I'd also do the CTI route if I didn't already spend 5 years to get my degree only to find out that I actually have no passion and little interest in what I do. But it currently pays the bills until i hopefully get a TOL/FOL.

So just called FAA HR and the woman told me I was placed in the best qualified band 1 so fingers crossed there’s a bit more luck on my side this go around. I won’t be retaking it since I feel like I was more prepared last year than this year. Interesting to see other people’s thoughts on this over the past week or so

So just called FAA HR and the woman told me I was placed in the best qualified band 1 so fingers crossed there’s a bit more luck on my side this go around. I won’t be retaking it since I feel like I was more prepared last year than this year. Interesting to see other people’s thoughts on this over the past week or so
I just took the ATSA for my second and final time.

To be honest, I felt less prepared for this one, since they opened testing instantly after invites for the test. So on one hand, I didn't spend as many hours practicing on ATCPrep, but on the other, I'd taken the actual test before, so I knew exactly what to expect, and had to swing for the fences as this is my final shot, and I didn't make it last year.

I think I 100% aced the first differences section. I definitely had a hard time with some of the tougher equations in the 2nd part of the test, but still did pretty well overall on that part. I missed one, possibly 2 responses on the visual relations segment. On the radar sim, I definitely did better on preventing collisions - still a few when it got really hectic, but overall better than first time. Inversely, I did worse on the math problems, but popular opinion is that it really doesn't matter if you do better on collisions. I may have done slightly worse on the logic/reasoning questions this time - I ran out of time due to some really tough ones slowing me down, so I had to totally guess on the last 2 or 3. And I think I did well on the reading comprehension part.

I can't decide if I feel better or worse overall than last year - I definitely was hoping to do better on the logic questions, not sure how others tend to feel about that section, what with having such limited time and no pencil/paper, but... We shall see what happens. Time to forget about it for 2 months though.

I just took the ATSA for my second and final time.

To be honest, I felt less prepared for this one, since they opened testing instantly after invites for the test. So on one hand, I didn't spend as many hours practicing on ATCPrep, but on the other, I'd taken the actual test before, so I knew exactly what to expect, and had to swing for the fences as this is my final shot, and I didn't make it last year.

I think I 100% aced the first differences section. I definitely had a hard time with some of the tougher equations in the 2nd part of the test, but still did pretty well overall on that part. I missed one, possibly 2 responses on the visual relations segment. On the radar sim, I definitely did better on preventing collisions - still a few when it got really hectic, but overall better than first time. Inversely, I did worse on the math problems, but popular opinion is that it really doesn't matter if you do better on collisions. I may have done slightly worse on the logic/reasoning questions this time - I ran out of time due to some really tough ones slowing me down, so I had to totally guess on the last 2 or 3. And I think I did well on the reading comprehension part.

I can't decide if I feel better or worse overall than last year - I definitely was hoping to do better on the logic questions, not sure how others tend to feel about that section, what with having such limited time and no pencil/paper, but... We shall see what happens. Time to forget about it for 2 months though.

Is there any way to study the logic/reasoning or even prepare for that type of reading comprehension?

Is there any way to study the logic/reasoning or even prepare for that type of reading comprehension?

That's by far the easiest section to study for and improve upon. If you practice some LSAT logical reasoning questions, those should be similar or slightly harder than what you'll see on the ATSA, but the concepts and methods for solving these are the same and can be improved fairly easily.

That's by far the easiest section to study for and improve upon. If you practice some LSAT logical reasoning questions, those should be similar or slightly harder than what you'll see on the ATSA, but the concepts and methods for solving these are the same and can be improved fairly easily.
Should be worth noting, if you plan on practicing logic questions, dont practice with a pen/pencil and paper, you dont get that on the ATSA

Should be worth noting, if you plan on practicing logic questions, dont practice with a pen/pencil and paper, you dont get that on the ATSA
Yeah, the test application actually indicates that this section of the test you SHOULD be using pencil/paper, but you can't. So, yeah some of them are pretty tough to do mentally, but SAT/LSAT practice would help. I was definitely better at them when I was more freshly out of academia.

Back
Top Bottom