Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Sure, there are probably plenty of logic tests/games out there on the internet. Heck, you could probably use SAT prep resources.
That's by far the easiest section to study for and improve upon. If you practice some LSAT logical reasoning questions, those should be similar or slightly harder than what you'll see on the ATSA, but the concepts and methods for solving these are the same and can be improved fairly easily.

Thanks for the help! Will definitely look into these!

I did not get picked and kinda thankful of that. I am currently in college for aviation. Going to become a CTI student in 2020. I am currently 20 and once I graduate i should be picked to test above all and not have to take a chance with others having better credentials than me. Other than if they got pior xp with college. + would be very beneficial for the academy with having prior knowledge of aviation. Get to skip basics too. My dad was talking to me about this and he graduated out of embry riddle, he said the academy was cake for the first part (basics), claiming he had to barely study for basics. I don’t think back than they had the option to skip basics even with a college degree from a CTI school.

Still no email, but my USAJOBS says "received." I'm assuming I should just move on at this point?

I never got an email too its all good. If your still young go to college. You will 100% be picked

I never got an email too its all good. If your still young go to college. You will 100% be picked

Nobody will 100% be picked lol. That’s the shit colleges were spewing to people to get them to enroll. Then the next hiring cycle they started taking off the street again.

ATSA invites have gone out in waves, no reason to expect it to not happen this round. I doubt enough people have been invited to hit their hiring numbers this year.

No reason to think that. If you want to push for it, contact your Concresscritters—tell your Senators to support S. 1148 and ask your representative to introduce a similar bill in the House. Double-edged sword if the 10% rule goes away though; reading between the lines, the intention of the bill is to return to a pool 1 only hiring situation. Discussion here.

Well thats good. I truly believe that people that have went to a CTI school should be prioritized above everyone else in the hiring process.

Nobody will 100% be picked lol. That’s the shit colleges were spewing to people to get them to enroll. Then the next hiring cycle they started taking off the street again.

ATSA invites have gone out in waves, no reason to expect it to not happen this round. I doubt enough people have been invited to hit their hiring numbers this year.

With this new bill coming out and will most likely pass, even if it doesn’t, why would the faa choose people that have no CTI education over people who have graduated from a CTI school. When the FAA hires people they consider them as an investment. Once the individual passes the academy and successfully gets certified they become an asset to the FAA. 100% true that the chances of an individual that has successfully graduated from a CTI school has better chances of becoming a CPC than an individual that has 0 post-secondary schooling becoming a CPC and Job experience is nothing compared to having graduated from a CTI college.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let him believe. Lol
But really, you won’t get picked up just because you’re CTI. All that matters is you meet the basic requirements, do well on the ATSA, and pass your clearances.

With this new bill coming out and will most likely pass, even if it doesn’t, why would the faa choose people that have no CTI education over people who have graduated from a CTI school. When the FAA hires people they consider them as an investment. Once the individual passes the academy and successfully gets certified they become an asset to the FAA. 100% true that the chances of an individual that has successfully graduated from a CTI school has better chances of becoming a CPC than an individual that has 0 post-secondary schooling becoming a CPC and Job experience is nothing compared to having graduated from a CTI college.
You're 100% wrong and CTI experience helps exactly zero at the academy.

I don’t see what it matters. You go to cti school and it works for you ?

For reasons that none of us are included in, the FAA decided to do ots. There are plenty of controllers who have been hired through the ots bids. Nothing wrong with this either.

Of course you’re making drastic claims to fame without even having graduated cti yet. I hope you make it in though, it’s a great opportunity.

If you get picked up, you get picked up. Does it honestly matter how you got picked up?

I don’t see what it matters. You go to cti school and it works for you ?

For reasons that none of us are included in, the FAA decided to do ots. There are plenty of controllers who have been hired through the ots bids. Nothing wrong with this either.

Of course you’re making drastic claims to fame without even having graduated cti yet. I hope you make it in though, it’s a great opportunity.

If you get picked up, you get picked up. Does it honestly matter how you got picked up?

I love air traffic and have a passion for it. My father worked for 28 in the FAA we always talk about how atc is a great job. He also explains to me CTI is the way to go to get hired. For others that are sad about not getting picked to test i just want to recommend to them CTI is the way to go if your still young. My father originally went to the academy not once but went through it twice. He went for enroute, made it to the facility and found out this is not what he liked. He applied for a position in flight service. Went back to the academy and got into flight service. When the faa privatized flight service to Lockheed Martin he reapplied back into the faa for flight service in alaska, thats the only place left where flight service is. He was interviewed by the faa and was DIRECTLY TOLD he was the best candidate because hes been working for a long time with them and he had GRADUATED FROM A CTI SCHOOL. He was also told he was the best candidate with the best credentials out of the 50 people that wanted to get their time to retire as well. Just want to point out how much better an individual would be with CTI experience than someone who has nothing.

I love air traffic and have a passion for it. My father worked for 28 in the FAA we always talk about how atc is a great job. He also explains to me CTI is the way to go to get hired. For others that are sad about not getting picked to test i just want to recommend to them CTI is the way to go if your still young. My father originally went to the academy not once but went through it twice. He went for enroute, made it to the facility and found out this is not what he liked. He applied for a position in flight service. Went back to the academy and got into flight service. When the faa privatized flight service to Lockheed Martin he reapplied back into the faa for flight service in alaska, thats the only place left where flight service is. He was interviewed by the faa and was DIRECTLY TOLD he was the best candidate because hes been working for a long time with them and he had GRADUATED FROM A CTI SCHOOL. He was also told he was the best candidate with the best credentials out of the 50 people that wanted to get their time to retire as well. Just want to point out how much better an individual would be with CTI experience than someone who has nothing.
False, there are many CTI students who don’t get passed OKC, just as OTS individuals who get passed OKC. CTI is not a advantage or dis-advantage, just a way for you to familiarize yourself to Air Traffic Control. CTI isn’t going to help you get through OKC or your facility. Once in OKC you have to play by their rules. Monkey see monkey do.

This is wrong and I feel bad that you took time out of your day to write that.

And we get that, we really do. I think the phrasing of your earlier messages rubbed people the wrong way. All people are saying is that CTI is not the ONLY way to be great at this job. Do you get a leg up at the academy... yes. But we've heard about many CTI grads expect to succeed and then run into a brick wall. I'd recommend not skipping basics even if it seems like a waste as I read messages from current controllers. Same with OTS candidates.

For some background: I was previously a medical dispatcher and am currently a flight dispatcher without that area for schooling. I was a Psychology major. However, I think I've got great experience to transition to an air traffic controller and scored best qualified as well. As I said in a previous message, if I was your age I'd be all for CTI. We want more Pool 1 to pass so more of us from Pool 2 can have the chance. But don't look down upon those from the public. I feel that you aren't, but again, the phrasing of your earlier messages gives that view.

I am not trying to pick a fight, I'm annoyed with all the infighting. We all want this career. Just want to give my experience in a calm, organized way. You have plenty of time so best of luck on your path.

From what your saying i know you never been at the academy.
Dude, YOU have never been to the academy!
CTI peps can skip basics, they don’t have to take a risk and have stress going through basics. So thats a plus
“Stress” of basics?! Risk?! Lol if they aren’t confident in their knowledge as a CTI grad to SKIP basics then they shouldn’t go to the academy....
How do you know you love air traffic? I can understand loving aviation but you’ve never done the job so how would you know you LOVE it? Sounds to me most of your insight to the FAA came from your dad who passed the academy and washed out of his first facility...

It’s obvious you’re using flawed logic with this process. You’re saying you’re “glad” you didn’t get the opportunity to take the ATSA last OTS bid and would rather incur debt by going to CTI school to better your chances at a job you can not only get NOT picked to continue the hiring process but also not graduate the academy or (just like your dad) wash out of your first facility!

Holy shit I never rant but I feel like I’m doing you (and anyone else considering CTI reading this) a favor by hitting you with a reality check. Just like ANY degree DO NOT assume by graduating with one you will get a job in the career field for it.

You sound so bratty ?

Holy shit I never rant but I feel like I’m doing you (and anyone else considering CTI reading this) a favor by hitting you with a reality check.

Like the other guy said, "let em believe" I would kill to be a fly on the wall when he get's to his first facility, if ever, and proceeds to tell his training team how he loves Air Traffic cause his dad was a "controller" and they go, "oh yeah, where did he work?”

Back
Top Bottom