Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

When is the last available testing date (approximately)?

From what I can tell from last bid's thread:

Last ATSA test - Approx. 2nd to last week of November
First referral - Dec 6
First TOL - Dec 21

I don't remember when the shutdown was though. Somewhere in the middle of the TOL waves I think?

When is the last available testing date (approximately)?

From what I can tell from last bid's thread:

Last ATSA test - Approx. 2nd to last week of November
First referral - Dec 6
First TOL - Dec 21

I don't remember when the shutdown was though. Somewhere in the middle of the TOL waves I think?

The government shutdown the 22nd of December.

So what do you need to bring with you to the test aside from the confirmation email and your forms of ID? Do you need to give any other numbers or remember your PSI password or anything like that?

Took it this afternoon.
TLDR; something was wrong with the system or the proctor had no idea what he was doing and I have to reschedule.

Long version
Got there an hour early was allowed to start early, proctor tried to log me into the atsat (the old test) which was understandably giving an error. He ended up calling support and they made a new account for me, made me take the first part on that new account.
Get to second part (SHL?) We can't get authenticated with this screen. Another hour and half on support to have the guy close out of everything now we can't get back in without retaking part 1 and the support guy hangs up on the proctor.

Eventually proctor gives up and tells me and the other guy taking the test to leave and reschedule by phone.

Took an hour to get through PSI phone line to have them tell me they "reset" my test and now I have to call back again tomorrow to reschedule.

Does anyone ever get a TOL after taking the test in the last week of offerings? I aced part 1 when I took it aside from missing a few questions during the collisions portion.
I took mine in the last week of the bid in 2018 and got a TOL

This will be a reoccurring recommendation for most of these: If you miss one, let it go and move on. There's nothing you can do except focus on the rest of the game.

For what it's worth, this is great advice to remember if you do make it to OKC and beyond. The majority of people I saw wash out did so so because they couldn't put their mistakes behind them and keep working the problem. It's amazing how many people are flawless for the first 25 minutes of the problem, only to make one one minor mistake and then lose 50+ points as they lose focus and spiral out of control. You need to develop a dual mindset that you can't make any mistakes, but once you inevitably do make one, you need to be able to immediately put it behind you and move on.

A person on the reddit thread drove 2 hours to their testing center just to get told they cant connect to the exam website and had to reschedule their test. Kinda making me nervous since my test date is towards the end of the testing window.

Yeup, my testing center was 2 hours away from me and I also have to reschedule.
After checking PSI's website my test is marked as "Schedule Completed", laughable.

if you get a TOL has zero to do with when in the testing period you take the ATSA.
I took mine in the last week of the bid in 2018 and got a TOL

Dope, thanks guys.

EDIT 9/25/19:
I just got off the phone with them this morning and was told that they need to :
1. create a new account for me because they have to do that for rescheduling,
2. contact the testing facility to verify there was an issue taking the test

They said it would take 24-72 hours and they would call me back.
Has anyone else rescheduled and is this what they experienced as well?

EDIT 2:
Just got an e-mail to schedule the test again, set for 10/8. Unfortunately the only place available is the same testing facility from before.

EDIT 3:
I was able to reschedule online to a different test center and it's located in my city so no long drive. It pays to keep checking the options in case a slot opens in your desired location.

Last edited:
Just got an email back from HR about the reason I never got an ATSA invite, apparently my transcript came up saying it lacked the required info but the person at HR was able to manually look at it and approved me and so I should get my email soon. So if you think you should get one and havent, definitly try contacting them to get things squared away.

Well boys, I took the ATSA today and I had many collisions. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the local McDonalds hiring event.

This was from the FSS posting. I also got a email to sign up for this ATSA I called to check my score if I should retest.. was told I was in best qualified so I wont be retesting I honestly studied every day for 2 months on the first one I'm not the type who will do better 2nd attempt.
So, I dunno. I'm on the waiting bus with the rest of ya.

Just got an email back from HR about the reason I never got an ATSA invite, apparently my transcript came up saying it lacked the required info but the person at HR was able to manually look at it and approved me and so I should get my email soon. So if you think you should get one and havent, definitly try contacting them to get things squared away.
This is from the June bid? If so, I might call as well and ask why I wasn't cool enough to get an email lol

Who did you email or call?

JuantotheTarango on reddit said they got a mass email about the rescheduling:

"Everyone will retake both portions of the exam to ensure the exam is complete and valid. It is difficult to tell who completed which portion -- some people may not have completed any portion; some may have started 1 portion but not completed it; some may have completed 1 portion. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope everyone was able to easily reschedule the exam."

Good news for those who wanted to redo the first part.

JuantotheTarango on reddit said they got a mass email about the rescheduling:

"Everyone will retake both portions of the exam to ensure the exam is complete and valid. It is difficult to tell who completed which portion -- some people may not have completed any portion; some may have started 1 portion but not completed it; some may have completed 1 portion. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope everyone was able to easily reschedule the exam."

Good news for those who wanted to redo the first part.
Are they letting everyone retake it? Kinda BS if someone gets two chances and not everyone does.

Back
Top Bottom