Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

You let everyone get a second shot...
Utopian societies do not exist. Everyone can practice with the prep tools available online. It’s an inconvenience to the tester to need to reschedule, take more time off work (since most tests aren’t on weekends), and possibly drive a good way to redo something that was no fault of their own.

If you fuck up on the test and demand a retake, sorry but you fucked up try again next year. That’s completely different from the test administrator screwing up...

Maybe i'm lost or over/under thinking, but whats wrong with that mind set exactly?

It doesn’t add to the conversation and makes you come across as a dick.

The truth is thousands of people don’t get an invite to take the ATSA, thousands take it but don’t get a TOL, and thousands have made it to the academy only to washout. These little edgy comments aren’t needed, especially when the person saying it usually hasn’t even been to the academy yet.

It doesn’t add to the conversation and makes you come across as a dick.

The truth is thousands of people don’t get an invite to take the ATSA, thousands take it but don’t get a TOL, and thousands have made it to the academy only to washout. These little edgy comments aren’t needed, especially when the person saying it usually hasn’t even been to the academy yet.
Ok, I get that. I think that most people in the process have that "I went/am going through hell so you have to too" mindset which, you're right, doesn't help anyone.

Took the ATSA the other night. I had been using ATCPrep for a while and it helped a good bit, the concepts are the same just presented a little different on the test. Felt pretty decent about the whole thing even though I had a handful of collisions on the radar portion. It's true what the masses say, they are inevitable towards the end of the section when it gets fast and busy.

Why is it always the academy hopefuls that have this mindset?
Because that’s exactly the mindset everyone else is in? Not everyone can be winners, just the same that not everyone can pass a test that is designed to narrow down the candidates. The “its not fair I deserve what so and so got” mindset isn’t going to change the outcome nor make the career any easier in the future

Took the ATSA the other night. I had been using ATCPrep for a while and it helped a good bit, the concepts are the same just presented a little different on the test. Felt pretty decent about the whole thing even though I had a handful of collisions on the radar portion. It's true what the masses say, they are inevitable towards the end of the section when it gets fast and busy.
I just took mine today and had a handful of collisions myself. Then asked a guy afterwards who took the test the same time as me and he said he maybe got one or two collisions and this was his first time applying. I was completely shocked because near the end it does get much faster and collisions happen on opposite sides of the screen almost at the same time. Makes me wish I had a lazy eye for those scenarios.

Firs
I just took mine today and had a handful of collisions myself. Then asked a guy afterwards who took the test the same time as me and he said he maybe got one or two collisions and this was his first time applying. I was completely shocked because near the end it does get much faster and collisions happen on opposite sides of the screen almost at the same time. Makes me wish I had a lazy eye for those scenarios.
First ATC pro tip. Everybody is lieing. Once you get to the academy and everybody has “no errors” during their practice problem then they fail out after the second eval. I wouldn’t put any thought to it.

Towards the end of that section I couldn't separate a plane to save my life. Kinda the same as it is now. There were red dots flying all over my screen. Take what that guy said with a grain of salt.

Just finished the ATSA, biggest issue I had was the reasoning section (cause I'm dumb). Everything else seemed pretty straight forward as long as you read the directions and do the practice questions first as much as you want before moving on. For the collision/separation scenarios I had 5 collisions total throughout. I would prioritize a safe airspace before spending time on those math problems. Just my $0.02

What did you say in the email? I’m curious as to what I need to tell them other than my name and what bid I applied for.
So I was under the impression that I did everything correctly and should have gotten an email. I basically said this and asked if it was possible there was an error or if I did mess something up if they could tell me so that I could fix it for the next bid. I included the month and year of the bid, my name, and that I was qualifying based on education. I think my app was originally denied by an automated system but they had someone look at it and okayed me. It took them a few days to get back but after that I had the ATSA email the next day and was able to sign up for a time.

So I was under the impression that I did everything correctly and should have gotten an email. I basically said this and asked if it was possible there was an error or if I did mess something up if they could tell me so that I could fix it for the next bid. I included the month and year of the bid, my name, and that I was qualifying based on education. I think my app was originally denied by an automated system but they had someone look at it and okayed me. It took them a few days to get back but after that I had the ATSA email the next day and was able to sign up for a time.
Okay thank you so much. Good luck!

First ATC pro tip. Everybody is lieing. Once you get to the academy and everybody has “no errors” during their practice problem then they fail out after the second eval. I wouldn’t put any thought to it.

Maybe my class was an outlier but we were very honest with ourselves and each other as we went through, whether we had a good run or a bad one. No one was trying to hide anything.

Because that’s exactly the mindset everyone else is in? Not everyone can be winners, just the same that not everyone can pass a test that is designed to narrow down the candidates. The “its not fair I deserve what so and so got” mindset isn’t going to change the outcome nor make the career any easier in the future
Take some advice and relax. The people that are relaxed and confident are the ones that do best in this field.

Site crashed for me as well after the logic reasoning part. Apparently some people who got to the second part before me were able to proceed before the"nationwide" crash. I felt I did extremely well on the test too. I know for a fact I got the algebra questions 100% correct. The first numbers game screwed with me. I feel like it was 10x harder than the ATCprep. Now I'm pissed and I feel like I wont be able to schedule the second part again.
In what ways do you feel like the numbers game was 10x harder than the ATCprep? Was it faster or larger numbers to work with?

Take some advice and relax. The people that are relaxed and confident are the ones that do best in this field.
Because I’m not already a controller? Being relaxed and confident is nice, but so is not whining when something out anyone’s control happens.

Regardless of the ATSA outcomes, there is always going to be another bid and another shot. With the exception of aging out and having to find alternative ways into the career.

Because I’m not already a controller? Being relaxed and confident is nice, but so is not whining when something out anyone’s control happens.

Regardless of the ATSA outcomes, there is always going to be another bid and another shot. With the exception of aging out and having to find alternative ways into the career.
I just think it should be fair. And 2 runs is a huge advantage. My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom