Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Because he wasn't right. When he referred to the FAA trying to increase hiring of "designated groups" I know he's referring to minorities and women, just like you were. But in fact, that study showed that that's not true. It was not targetted to impact any race or gender, and if it's "written in black and white" then I'm guessing he means it was written on fox news.

The conservatives aren't wrong 100% of the time- and the liberals aren't 100% right either.

Please don't condemn/shut out someone else's opinions based on their political affiliation- sometimes they have a point (on both sides of the spectrum).

You said earlier:
"I highly doubt that FAA HR is engaging in discriminatory and illegal hiring practices--a scheme that could be easily proven by any HR employee who wanted to come forward with that information. "

At this point I'm sure this is a troll and I'm done feeding you. Well played

then I'm guessing he means it was written on fox news.
Im mostly referring to the email the FAA administrator sent describing the intent of the new hiring process, stating it was designed to increase diversity. I’m sure with all of your time involved with the FAA you were already aware of that though. Before you ask, no, I didn’t keep an email from 6 years ago incase a keyboard warrior demanded it as proof.

im not sure how a report written in 1984 with data sets from the 60’s and 70’s has anything to do with the intent for process changes in 2013, but I’m sure it’s very convincing.

Here’s another link, but I’m guessing there’s an excuse ready as to why it’s illegitimate.
In 2013, President Barack Obama-appointed FAA Administrator Michael Huerta deemed that these hiring standards had not produced a pleasing mix of air traffic controllers when it came to race and sex. He announced plans to “transform the [FAA] into a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects, understands, and relates to the diverse customers” it serves.

The FAA discarded its longtime use of the difficult cognitive assessment test and implemented instead a new, unmonitored take-home personality test—a biographical questionnaire. Among the questions asked are: “The number of high school sports I participated in was … ” “How would you describe your ideal job?” “What has been the major cause of your failures?” “More classmates would remember me as humble or dominant?”

In other words, the FAA opened air traffic control training to “off-the-street hires”—any English-speaking citizen with a high school diploma—despite the fact that most high school diplomas are fraudulent documents.

All air traffic control applicants are required to complete the biographical questionnaire. Those who “pass” are deemed eligible. The questionnaire gives more points to an applicant who answers that he has not been employed in the previous three years than it does to an applicant who answers that he has been a pilot or is a veteran with an air traffic control-related military background.

This is from the OIG report... credible? it’s from the same decade, so probably not.
It is also too soon to determine whether FAA’s new hiring process has reduced barriers to hiring candidates from diverse backgrounds—a key driver for FAA’s development of its new hiring process.

Anyhow, this is all completely irrelevant because the BQ was swiftly removed. Just like further off topic posts about it will be. The FAA has more recent and unresolved screwups to debate.

Im mostly referring to the email the FAA administrator sent describing the intent of the new hiring process, stating it was designed to increase diversity. I’m sure with all of your time involved with the FAA you were already aware of that though. Before you ask, no, I didn’t keep an email from 6 years ago incase a keyboard warrior demanded it as proof.

im not sure how a report written in 1984 with data sets from the 60’s and 70’s has anything to do with the intent for process changes in 2013, but I’m sure it’s very convincing.

Here’s another link, but I’m guessing there’s an excuse ready as to why it’s illegitimate.

This is from the OIG report... credible? it’s from the same decade, so probably not.

Anyhow, this is all completely irrelevant because the BQ was swiftly removed. Just like further off topic posts about it will be. The FAA has more recent and unresolved screwups to debate.
The BioQ is gone but they still have a personality portion in the current ATSA... Any relation?

Most CTI schools are pretty bad, the one I went to had phenomenal professors, the only problem was, it was 99perc book work and nothing related to hands on air traffic work in simulations etc etc

UND and Beaver, I'll vouch for really teach the students well

As less and less people apply for CTI and graduate with their degree, the smaller pool 1 is gonna be over the years. Vets and prior experience are just gonna apply for experienced bids
Why would less people apply for CTI if it is starting to give such a massive advantage to being hired? This is exactly what made CTI popular in the first place.

Hey folks I was curious. I took the AT-SA September 26th. I know it can take up to 90 days to get results, then you get your TOL and have to do medical and whatnot.

This was my last chance to nail the test before turning 31 in late January. What 's the process in case I don't hear back by the time I hit 31 or hitting 31 during the process of completing all the requirements if given a TOL? Am I just SOL?

Hey folks I was curious. I took the AT-SA September 26th. I know it can take up to 90 days to get results, then you get your TOL and have to do medical and whatnot.

This was my last chance to nail the test before turning 31 in late January. What 's the process in case I don't hear back by the time I hit 31 or hitting 31 during the process of completing all the requirements if given a TOL? Am I just SOL?

Your age is locked in at the date of the job posting. As long as you get TOL it doesn't matter.

The only advice I can give, be honest but not too honest on MMPI. They don't compare your answers to your background and such. (By that I mean answer the test as you would today. Not like 10 years ago or over the course of your lifetime.) As long as you pass that and have no other medical tests needed from TOL to FOL should be like 6-9 months tops. Maybe quicker.

Your age is locked in at the date of the job posting. As long as you get TOL it doesn't matter.

The only advice I can give, be honest but not too honest on MMPI. They don't compare your answers to your background and such. (By that I mean answer the test as you would today. Not like 10 years ago or over the course of your lifetime.) As long as you pass that and have no other medical tests needed from TOL to FOL should be like 6-9 months tops. Maybe quicker.
awesome, appreciate it!

Why would less people apply for CTI if it is starting to give such a massive advantage to being hired? This is exactly what made CTI popular in the first place.
It wasnt after a certain point, when having a cti degree was the only way to be an ATC. Then releasing the Bio Q really insulted cti degrees even more by trying to increase diversity when it was failing very good applicants

It's more favorable now because pool 1 has less competition and get first dibs on TOLs if I'm remembering this correctly

Even the FAA knows you dont need a CTI degree to become an ATC

Back
Top Bottom