Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

What if you don’t put it out there in the public?
It's your responsibility to be as accurate as possible in your answers on federal forms. It's a reasonable request from any organization you're seeking employment from to expect truthful answers. It's also your reputation and diginity on the line if you choose not to be honest. At the end of the day if anybody ever finds out that you lied I would be remiss if it was NOT grounds for termination. At the end of the day everyone needs to make the decision they think is right. Hopefully, they are taking all consequences into account before doing so.

Would anyone happen to know of any study resources/books that would be helpful prior to going to Academy? As a pool 2 candidate I know I'm behind on the curve and would like to at least familiarize myself a bit with the material.

Would anyone happen to know of any study resources/books that would be helpful prior to going to Academy? As a pool 2 candidate I know I'm behind on the curve and would like to at least familiarize myself a bit with the material.
It's my understanding that any studying of material you can find could cement some bad habits. Lot's of people, about 40 to 60%, are pool 2 and have little no experience, like myself. For now, I'm just going to live life and hope I don't get tier 2.

That being said, you could study up on the NATO alphabet and phonetics that come along with that. Or do some light reading of the bible... JO 7110.65Y - Air Traffic Control – Document Information

Adding to statistics, P2 BQ, last name S, sent in my TOL 11/16 @ 8:35 pm, no response yet. I wasn’t sure if I should’ve been expecting it by now, but it looks like they’re just going by order received

There is a Study Guide here on the forum. Browse around a bit, maybe under resources.

I would get any leg up you can. Including the phonetic alphabet, learning type aircraft for the ones you’ll deal with and identifiers ex PA31 = Navajo, basic pattern entry phraseology and how a standard traffic pattern works.

Anyone have experience going through the post TOL process having changed your name? I am concerned my name change will cause problems . . . any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I went through with it and never had any problems. Just follow instructions like normal and you should be fine.

How did you guys sign your TOL's? I can fill them out on my PC but I don't have a way to sign it. Did you guys print them and then fax them or what?

Back
Top Bottom