Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Pro tip - Just finished my first week at the academy . . . Especially if you bring your car to OKC, stay at the Marriott and by the end of 4 months you'll have enough points for a few weeks in a hotel at your facility if you make it through. It's 10 minutes drive from the academy, you get breakfast every morning and dinners a few nights a week and they have a full kitchen and everything you need. You won't be excluded from study groups as long as you socialize with your classmates.

I would be highly interested in this, since I like to accumulate hotel points and possibly status. Is it the Courtyard Marriott, Townplace or Springhill suites closest to the FAA academy? Do you just negotiate with the manager onsite for them to agree on the terms and duration? I know hotels would rather book a room than leave it empty, but i'm surprised they are accepting the per diem rate (2019) at $57, did they haggle for more?

I would be highly interested in this, since I like to accumulate hotel points and possibly status. Is it the Courtyard Marriott, Townplace or Springhill suites closest to the FAA academy? Do you just negotiate with the manager onsite for them to agree on the terms and duration? I know hotels would rather book a room than leave it empty, but i'm surprised they are accepting the per diem rate (2019) at $57, did they haggle for more?
I know the Wyndham does the per diem rate and wil give you a rental for $5 extra a day. Free brekfast and 1 or 2 dinners a week. Room doesnt have a kitchen but the hotel does have a full service restaurant.

Pro tip - Just finished my first week at the academy . . . Especially if you bring your car to OKC, stay at the Marriott and by the end of 4 months you'll have enough points for a few weeks in a hotel at your facility if you make it through. It's 10 minutes drive from the academy, you get breakfast every morning and dinners a few nights a week and they have a full kitchen and everything you need. You won't be excluded from study groups as long as you socialize with your classmates.
When you say "full kitchen" does that include a full stovetop and oven? I'd possibly be interested in this, but I need to be able to cook easily.

When you say "full kitchen" does that include a full stovetop and oven? I'd possibly be interested in this, but I need to be able to cook easily.
A fellow classmate staying in a hotel has an oven, dishwasher and etc.

I encourage ya'll to do your own research . . . just wanted to drop that bit of knowledge because I definitely regret not doing it.

Anyone have experience with parking at Academy yet?
Parking is not an issue. Most out of 12 in my class drive daily including myself.

Hi! I usually just browse these post but I decided to join. I have a question I'm hoping someone could give insight on. I was in the military and was diagnosed with BPD(Borderline Personality Disorder) . I only saw the psychologist twice for about 20 mins each. They diagnosed me with an online test that I clicked through super fast without reading. Although, with honesty, I was displaying symptoms and unhealthy coping methods which is why I was there. Never took medication for it. Never had repeated behavior or problems. I have been cleared by civilian psychologist. I've held jobs (public trust/public safety) jobs and am on my third degree in aviation (I have my associates in ATC included). Never had any trouble with law if that helps.

I noticed on the SF86 form it ask about that specifically. I'm slightly worried it would raise flags during the hiring process when going through military records. I'm asking because I'm applying to the January 2020 bid for pool 1. Everyone goes through a rough patch sometimes and I learned from it, but I'm hoping it doesn't disqualify me from my dream job. Did anyone go through a similar situation?

Also I was in the recent bid, qualified but not referred (Pool 2)

Thanks!

I noticed on the SF86 form it ask about that specifically. I'm slightly worried it would raise flags during the hiring process when going through military records.
I can't answer all your questions but anything on the SF-86 that flags will result in a phone or in person interview, and you'll get a chance to explain it.

You're issue isn't going to be with the background check you're going to have an issue getting a flight surgeon to issue you a medical clearance. In addition to the MMPI which perhaps you should actually read the online test this go around. It can't hurt to apply but don't be surprised if you have a lot of hoops to jump through if you get a TOL.

I’m staying at the Hilton Home 2 Suites, and I told the woman that I was from the FAA ATC academy, which dates I would be there and she’s said they set the room rate to match the per diem. No haggling no issues at all.

Something popped up on my medical that I am a little afraid about. Two years ago I got a mild concussion, is that going to be an issue for getting a FOL?

I’m staying at the Hilton Home 2 Suites, and I told the woman that I was from the FAA ATC academy, which dates I would be there and she’s said they set the room rate to match the per diem. No haggling no issues at all.
How's the room?
I'm trying to figure out which one would be better for me. If I have to use some of the food per diem but get hotel points for some weeks. Or get a roommate, save that food money, but have to pay out of pocket for hotel or Airbnb later on.

Something popped up on my medical that I am a little afraid about. Two years ago I got a mild concussion, is that going to be an issue for getting a FOL?
If its paper trailed in medical records probably. You will have to see a neurologist. I had to for 1 after a car accident.

So I just received an email saying that I have conditional security clearance and that everything looks good, but they are just waiting for my medical stuff to filter through which can typically take 2-4 months to make it back to their office? :( Does this mean it's going to take that long before I can get a class date/FOL? That seems like a long time for medical.

How's the room?
I'm trying to figure out which one would be better for me. If I have to use some of the food per diem but get hotel points for some weeks. Or get a roommate, save that food money, but have to pay out of pocket for hotel or Airbnb later on.
From my understanding and experience with home 2 suites, it’s a queen bed, 2 burner stove, dishwasher, sink, sofa, desk, tv. I figure the complementary breakfast in the morning will help stretch out the per diem for food. Plus free gym and a pool as well.

So I just received an email saying that I have conditional security clearance and that everything looks good, but they are just waiting for my medical stuff to filter through which can typically take 2-4 months to make it back to their office? :( Does this mean it's going to take that long before I can get a class date/FOL? That seems like a long time for medical.

I doubt it takes that long, I think that's just their generic answer.
Whos your security POC? Im just waiting on security.... :/

Is there an FAA shuttle included at or near this location as well? I was looking at that hotel and it does look nice.

Back
Top Bottom