Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Was offered onboarding for class starting 5/1/20. Academy pay minus per diem. Cannot be employed full-time elsewhere. It sounds like they're cool with you working part-time as long as you're available to do whatever they want you to do from 9-5 M-F.

Figured I’d reply, I’m 7/13 enroute (assuming I’m with you both) and I received my FOL 3/16 from CG. Virtual on-boarding was mentioned as a possibility for our class.
Damn I was hoping we wouldn't have that problem. I was assigned to 7/13 as well but haven't gotten the FOL yet.

Figured I’d reply, I’m 7/13 enroute (assuming I’m with you both) and I received my FOL 3/16 from CG. Virtual on-boarding was mentioned as a possibility for our class.
At this point I figured they were purposefully delaying our FOL’s, but I guess not. Pretty wild that they’re already considering that, though.

Anyone gonna reply / update from their POC (any POC, HR, security etc) lately??
I finished all my security, medical, and drug testing stuff in early March and hadn’t heard anything for about a month. I emailed my security POC and my HR person and they said my Security Clearance has been waived for the time being. The HR person said the clearance process was stopped because of the Covid-19 situation.

I finished all my security, medical, and drug testing stuff in early March and hadn’t heard anything for about a month. I emailed my security POC and my HR person and they said my Security Clearance has been waived for the time being. The HR person said the clearance process was stopped because of the Covid-19 situation.

I finished my stuff in Dec... but anyways, that's good to hear. I just needed my security clearance but they also didn't email me back when I asked security nd HR POC what my status is, so I guess now I know.

What were your options? Take online or wait? Or was it take online or you don’t get the job?
Take online class or wait until the unforseeable future when they can get you into a class was what I was told. Personally, given all of the personal changes made (job, housing, financials, etc.) in preparation of this date I want to get things moving along as close to originally scheduled. Additionally, I took quite a few online courses throughout college so I don't see much of an issue with the online version of basics, as some people certainly have different feelings about that option.

Last edited:
Just got a call from LM and was offered online classes. Chose to accept in order to keep the process moving. 5/19 class.
Chose the same thing and doing the online basics. I had already put in my resignation for my current job.
It sucks that there will be no per diem. But getting paid and having benefits is better than sitting around and waiting.

Chose the same thing and doing the online basics. I had already put in my resignation for my current job.
It sucks that there will be no per diem. But getting paid and having benefits is better than sitting around and waiting.
Were you contacted today or a couple of days ago? I'm in the 5/26 class so I'm just curious as to when I may be getting a similar call

What’s everyone’s ideal landing spot for terminal/enroute after the academy? I’m just genuinely curious. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts. For me it’s Houston but after that it’s pretty much anywhere in California or Florida and I’m not sure why.

What’s everyone’s ideal landing spot for terminal/enroute after the academy? I’m just genuinely curious. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts. For me it’s Houston but after that it’s pretty much anywhere in California or Florida and I’m not sure why.
If I end up passing... not alaska. I am young and have no partner, house or even a car after I sell my POS car so i'm only really tied to NY by my family.

I want to end up in the midwest. If I got enroute ZKC and ZMP were my #1s, but I got terminal so at this point any up/ down in the midwest is good for me. Minnesota is ideal for me since my entire family is out there.

ZFW would be my #1 solely based off proximity to family, cost of living and I like the DFW area. I’m open to a lot of facilities, but the deciding factors for me will be cost of living, activities around the city, proximity to family, and weather.

Pretty much anywhere in the Southeast since that's where I and my family live. The midwest would be my second option. I want to avoid the west coast and the New York area as much as possible. If I get enroute I want ZTL.

Back
Top Bottom