Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Anyone have LM and been in contact with her recently? I emailed late May on any possible info or update on my status or the academy’s status and had no response. Emailed again this past Monday and still no contact from her. I’ve been cleared both security and medically since March 19th, one week after Corona was officially declared a pandemic lol

Anyone have LM and been in contact with her recently? I emailed late May on any possible info or update on my status or the academy’s status and had no response. Emailed again this past Monday and still no contact from her. I’ve been cleared both security and medically since March 19th, one week after Corona was officially declared a pandemic lol
I have CS and couldnt get into contact with her for a while also so i called around and got ahold of someone who could answer my questions. So for anyone who is thinking about it Once you op out of virtual onboarding which i did then you cannot switch and try to virtual onboard, you must wait. Also the supervisor i talked to also said she has heard no such rumor of the academy opening on the 6th. As far as she know they have not set a date for the reopening of the academy. The one silver lining in this whole thing for the people who opted oit of virtual will get the first class dates and then will be mixed with the virtual onboarders when we cross the street.
So basically the wait continues, some have you have just been waiting a couple months i have been waiting almost 5 years, i got the idea at 23 started school a year later, took me 2 1/2 yeara to finsih school because i had to pay for it myself and yes i kept trying the ots bids but never got in. After finish school i got in with the CTI from the 19 bid. So some of you may be excited and anxious but i am beyond ready to start lol

I have CS and couldnt get into contact with her for a while also so i called around and got ahold of someone who could answer my questions. So for anyone who is thinking about it Once you op out of virtual onboarding which i did then you cannot switch and try to virtual onboard, you must wait. Also the supervisor i talked to also said she has heard no such rumor of the academy opening on the 6th. As far as she know they have not set a date for the reopening of the academy. The one silver lining in this whole thing for the people who opted oit of virtual will get the first class dates and then will be mixed with the virtual onboarders when we cross the street.
So basically the wait continues, some have you have just been waiting a couple months i have been waiting almost 5 years, i got the idea at 23 started school a year later, took me 2 1/2 yeara to finsih school because i had to pay for it myself and yes i kept trying the ots bids but never got in. After finish school i got in with the CTI from the 19 bid. So some of you may be excited and anxious but i am beyond ready to start lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200625-210750~2.png
    Screenshot_20200625-210750~2.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 124
Literally don't trust anything a person says unless it is expressly written in an email.

Man i hope thats true lol

Literally don't trust anything a person says unless it is expressly written in an email.
Yeah im starting to figure that out lol but at the same time i can only believe what i have been told so...idk lol guess i jist wait for a hard email.

So if the academy is opening July 6 why aren't there any reports of people getting in-person class dates for the 6th? Or have I just missed it?

I finished everything on my end by the end of January. Was told early March I was fully cleared. HR POC is CS.
Okay that’s great for you man. Our timelines are similar but I finished a little later than you. Hopefully I get a call in the next two weeks. Good luck man!!

So if the academy is opening July 6 why aren't there any reports of people getting in-person class dates for the 6th? Or have I just missed it?
I believe its reopening july 6th for those who were in the middle of initial training before being sent home. Classes that are in virtual initial review are to expect later dates (Aug - so forth) It sounds like it's not being opened for in-person basics.

I have LM, I emailed her last week and got a response. It wasn’t in regard to status or anything I was just letting them know I moved, but she did respond the next day.

Do you have more details? Who sent that email and when? How far along are you in basics?

the first email was saying that the academy is opening on July 6th for the people who got sent home while training. The second one was just to tell me about my tentative date because I asked. They were sent by the placement coordinator.
And this is my second day of basics.

Got a call offering enroute onboard date of July 20. Accepted it. Can’t wait to get started. I know it wasn’t written, but she verbally reiterated that she doesn’t know when the academy will open. Maybe she doesn’t know something others do. Anyway, just happy and excited to start soon

I wouldn't get too excited ya'll. I am supposed to be one of those going back on July 6th. I'd put money on it not happening given we haven't received official orders. I believe this means they have 4 days to let us know and for us to travel to OKC (July 3rd is a working holiday). There has been a spike in cases in OKC as well as many other parts of the country. My instructors seem to have less info about going back on the 6th than we do. I'd be happy to be wrong but it seems like this wild ride will continue.

Back
Top Bottom