Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I was virtually on-boarded on the 23rd and received an email on the 24th stating academy opening July 6th. Received a follow up email stating, "I also want to clarify that the July 6th start date is for some of the classes that were in the middle of Initial Qualifications class when students were sent home due to the COVID-19 situation." Emphasis on some. Time will tell.

I wouldn't get too excited ya'll. I am supposed to be one of those going back on July 6th. I'd put money on it not happening given we haven't received official orders. I believe this means they have 4 days to let us know and for us to travel to OKC (July 3rd is a working holiday). There has been a spike in cases in OKC as well as many other parts of the country. My instructors seem to have less info about going back on the 6th than we do. I'd be happy to be wrong but it seems like this wild ride will continue.
The faa will absolutely by people plane tickets 2 days in advance. They pay government rate which is like normal rate times 5.

Anyone know why Cleveland enroute facility is so highly sought after? I’m just genuinely curious.

Also, is there a website or place to look to where I can see what airports are confirmed by FAA vs private contract? I live in Houston area and I’m pretty sure there is like 4+ airports that are not controlled through the FAA. Then again I literally know nothing about this profession so far lol. Please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Also, is there a website or place to look to where I can see what airports are confirmed by FAA vs private contract? I live in Houston area and I’m pretty sure there is like 4+ airports that are not controlled through the FAA. Then again I literally know nothing about this profession so far lol. Please correct me if I’m mistaken.
Right from the good ol' FAA

Last month my HR rep said I was cleared and pending a class date and would hopefully update in a few weeks. Any ideas on how long I gotta wait for the next update?

Last month my HR rep said I was cleared and pending a class date and would hopefully update in a few weeks. Any ideas on how long I gotta wait for the next update?
I have been cleared on all fronts since March 19th and haven’t heard anything from HR. So I’m going on 3+ months at this point so who knows lol

I have been cleared on all fronts since March 19th and haven’t heard anything from HR. So I’m going on 3+ months at this point so who knows lol
Also in this boat. Medically cleared since late April and confirmed with my security POC I cleared background investigation as of June 5th.

You guys are receiving calls for start dates as opposed to emails? Or it’s a mixture of both depending on your hr rep?

I’ve cleared everything a while ago and just waiting on a start date as well.

Received a
You guys are receiving calls for start dates as opposed to emails? Or it’s a mixture of both depending on your hr rep?

I’ve cleared everything a while ago and just waiting on a start date as well.
I received a phone call a few days ago about virtual basics starting July 27 for enroute. No FOL yet.

Back
Top Bottom