Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I was cleared late April and am also still waiting, kind of just resigned myself to continuing my life until I get the call, and hoping I'm either out of the academy or not to the academy yet in beginning of April, gonna be having a baby.

I was cleared late April and am also still waiting, kind of just resigned myself to continuing my life until I get the call, and hoping I'm either out of the academy or not to the academy yet in beginning of April, gonna be having a baby.

I wonder if 2020 is causing another baby boom? I almost joined that club thanks in part to the quarantine. Dodged a couple bullets there, couldn't imagine starting a new career and having a baby.

Good luck broski.

I wonder if 2020 is causing another baby boom? I almost joined that club thanks in part to the quarantine. Dodged a couple bullets there, couldn't imagine starting a new career and having a baby.

Good luck broski.
Thanks, I convinced my wife to wait until I was done with college, so we were planning on popping one out soon, Covid didn't have much of an impact.

GOOD NEWS!! to the people who skipped virtual basics. I was one of those people. I have been given a virtual class date of February 10th ending march 8th. Academy date March 16th ending june 7th!!
En route or terminal? And when is your onboarding?

Enroute. February 10th.
So your onboarding is the same day as the beginning of your basics? I’m trying to get a grasp of what the FAA rep told me... she said onboarding Jan 19 but I think she meant basics 19th

Don't even know what that means
Before covid you went from finishing basics right into non radar but since covid they have been having you finish basics and study everything non radar for an extra 2 months before starting your non radar portion at the academy.

And incase you don’t know what non radar is it’s air traffic control without the radar scope and different separation procedures

So your onboarding is the same day as the beginning of your basics? I’m trying to get a grasp of what the FAA rep told me... she said onboarding Jan 19 but I think she meant basics 19th
I believe so, i said no like a dummy last time so i basically just said yes to everything lol all she really said was that expect an email in about 3 weeks from your Rep containing your FOL. then she gave me those dates.

Before covid you went from finishing basics right into non radar but since covid they have been having you finish basics and study everything non radar for an extra 2 months before starting your non radar portion at the academy.

And incase you don’t know what non radar is it’s air traffic control without the radar scope and different separation procedures
I'm sure I'll figure it out. Don't know anything about radar or separation procedures.

The day you are given is your onboarding date and then you start basics. Now whether you start basics a day later or week I am not sure.

The day you are given is your onboarding date and then you start basics. Now whether you start basics a day later or week I am not sure.
Yeah but ACB is saying his rep told him they were the same day. My rep told me onboarding 1/19, basics 2/22 class 3/16. But It doesn’t add up to what others like ACB are saying

Eh i still don’t buy it. You learn everything from running the problems. And that goes through every stage of training. Plus the pass rates haven’t even been that high.
A girl from a class that just graduated did nothing but run non radar problems from July-September from her house.

Eh i still don’t buy it. You learn everything from running the problems. And that goes through every stage of training. Plus the pass rates haven’t even been that high.
I think the advantage was mainly for the terminal students as we could at least practice the phraseology and learn the standard procedures since they have this program with the academy airport layout and they can add and drag planes around. Super basic but it is giving us terminal people a head start.

Back
Top Bottom