Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

They’ll come soon then probably. When did you have your medical and drug test? I took my mmpi two days before you and I’m wondering about my medical clearance too! I emailed my
Rep yesterday but she hasn’t responded
My drug test was 12/09, everything including MMPI was submitted on 01/06. I called my HR rep yesterday, she hadn't heard anything. I just got news today that I am medically cleared!! My email today came straight from the medical people, the guy that submits it to the flight surgeon. We had been in touch about some paperwork so he emailed me directly. I haven't heard from HR today, I'm sure I won't until everything is in.

Do you guys know of any threads that have some basic information on the medical form? I am filling it out now and realizing I have taken medications in the past for acute injuries or sickness. Does anyone know how specific you need to be on the form? Is estimating date ranges acceptable or should I access my medical records for the specifics?

yeah I've called the number on the email and left a message. they said a rep will get back to my question in a "minimum" of 7-10 days, its like they're setting me up for failure on purpose. I scheduled an appointment tomorrow for my holter which is going to cost $190 and the stress test they said it'll be anywhere between $300 to $950 out of pocket because I don't have insurance.
Good lord that's insane. Although if you've made it this far in this long and crazy process and that's the only thing holding you up from a career change, it'll be worth it to get it sorted out.

Do you guys know of any threads that have some basic information on the medical form? I am filling it out now and realizing I have taken medications in the past for acute injuries or sickness. Does anyone know how specific you need to be on the form? Is estimating date ranges acceptable or should I access my medical records for the specifics?
Are you referring to the pre-employment interview worksheet? I went and got all the prescription history I could. I don't have dosage and frequency for some scripts but I'm laying it all out now considering omissions could get you in trouble later. Just be as specific as you can. I wouldn't be too worried about some red flag scripts as long as you can explain them away. But they're gonna want follow up paperwork for things like painkillers and ssri's so get as much as you can now just in case.

Are you referring to the pre-employment interview worksheet? I went and got all the prescription history I could. I don't have dosage and frequency for some scripts but I'm laying it all out now considering omissions could get you in trouble later. Just be as specific as you can. I wouldn't be too worried about some red flag scripts as long as you can explain them away. But they're gonna want follow up paperwork for things like painkillers and ssri's so get as much as you can now just in case.
Yes the Pre-employment interview worksheet. I am not interested in omissions just getting the most accurate information I can provide! Thanks for the advice!

Yes the Pre-employment interview worksheet. I am not interested in omissions just getting the most accurate information I can provide! Thanks for the advice!
No problem. I wish I got some of this stuff earlier but then again I thought getting your own medical history would be easier. I only have prescription records going back like 14 years but that would be enough for them to get a good picture.

Call the pharmacy you use. They have records and dates for everything.

yeah I've called the number on the email and left a message. they said a rep will get back to my question in a "minimum" of 7-10 days, its like they're setting me up for failure on purpose. I scheduled an appointment tomorrow for my holter which is going to cost $190 and the stress test they said it'll be anywhere between $300 to $950 out of pocket because I don't have insurance.
I don’t usually call my HR rep because she doesn’t answer. I always call CG (if you know who and have that reps number). She sent my TOL info, but my HR rep wasn’t her. Anyway, she always answers the phone, and if she doesn’t she always calls back in my experience. I would honestly email them because it may be faster. My HR rep never answers the phone but emails quickly.

I took mine in October at KALB, for the FSS bid. I emailed the tower chief who is probably still the POC on your MMPI contact sheet. He got back to me pretty quickly, but at the time nobody from the regular ATC bid was waiting to get in. I also worked at the airport at the time and had some limited access to the tower even though most of the office staff wasn't there.

Yea, I called Poughkeepsie and they’ve got spots available immediately, but I figured I’d give Albany a call since I’m currently upstate for a couple weeks. Thanks
What is the number for Poughkeepsie?

Call the pharmacy you use. They have records and dates for everything.
Doing that now. Managed to get a few records.

No problem. I wish I got some of this stuff earlier but then again I thought getting your own medical history would be easier. I only have prescription records going back like 14 years but that would be enough for them to get a good picture.
Same. Didn't think it would be so much of a scramble for my information!

My lease is up soon and this process doesn't make is easy trying to determine how long of a lease to sign next haha. Hopefully my HR rep will respond to my email so I can make an informed decision.
This process doesn't make anything easy! I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out the living situation. Also, having the family try to find jobs without knowing where to look, very difficult.

I'm nervous as I'm running in to the same issue. I've only got organized records of the last 3 years, and I've moved far around too much to have a consistent pharmacy. Just going to put what I have and what I can remember taking on a regular basis throughout my adult life, as anything else is long gone.

I'm nervous as I'm running in to the same issue. I've only got organized records of the last 3 years, and I've moved far around too much to have a consistent pharmacy. Just going to put what I have and what I can remember taking on a regular basis throughout my adult life, as anything else is long gone.
I highly doubt anyone at the FAA expects you, or anyone else for that matter, to remember, collect records for and hand over your entire medical history record to a T anyway. I tried calling the pediatric office from my childhood and they destroy records for anyone over 21 so there's no way I'm getting those. I'm just trying to put down anything that 1) I can remember and 2) has a paper trail. Being open and honest is all you can do really.

So I’ve sent in my SF-86, scheduled my MMPI for Tuesday, and medical for Thursday. Is that everything? Is the drug test at the medical evaluation?

So I’ve sent in my SF-86, scheduled my MMPI for Tuesday, and medical for Thursday. Is that everything? Is the drug test at the medical evaluation?
While you will need to do a urinalysis at your medical, you will also need to do a separate drug screen as well within 5 business days of your medical. The one at your medical is determined by AME (IIRC) and the second is determined by FDAT.

It’s separate. They said schedule medical at least 10 days from when you send back the medexpress form, so pretty much they’ll contact you during that time to schedule a drug test and send you back the docs you need for medical.

This process doesn't make anything easy! I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out the living situation. Also, having the family try to find jobs without knowing where to look, very difficult.
If you're just waiting for the all clear to determine a current living situation I'd definitely ask your HR rep if there is an update. Mine got back to me first thing this morning and said I'm all clear but they can't give additional start dates yet because COVID might change the possible start dates. It at least gave me enough information to realize I shouldn't sign another year lease. The hard part now is finding somewhere that will allow a 6 month lease or month to month lease.

As for the family trying to find jobs, that's difficult considering that won't be known until the end of the academy. That's a big worry I have as well.

To those wondering what my HR rep said about a possible start date, all she said was likely summer time but it depends on when they get authorization to give out start dates again. Hopefully this comes sooner than later for everyone waiting.

Back
Top Bottom