Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Anyone have experience getting a second EKG and how long that process takes? I'm assuming an eternity lol
It has been a few years since I went through but I had an arrhythmia and had to meet with a cardiologist a week later for a stress test. We found out my arrhythmia was normal for healthy people and my medical was cleared pretty quickly after that.

It has been a few years since I went through but I had an arrhythmia and had to meet with a cardiologist a week later for a stress test. We found out my arrhythmia was normal for healthy people and my medical was cleared pretty quickly after that.
Well that makes me feel a little bit of relief lol I just got word today from medical that I have some sort of abnormality on my EKG which surprised me because the AME said it looked fine. I was able to get an appointment for tomorrow with a cardiologist so I am hoping it is nothing to worry about just an extra step in the long process. Thanks for response.

Hey guys.

I finished the last thing I had to do which was my MMPI on Jan 20th. Could have had everything done 5 weeks sooner than that but my proctor claims she was forced to back out of my appointment last minute and reschedule.
Anyways, assuming I wasn’t tier 2’ed or anything, (which I was never notified of any issues) I should’ve been cleared the beginning of Feb. Here’s where it gets odd...I email my security guy at the end of Jan to find out he granted my waiver back in December. My HR rep TH said around the same time she had not received anything yet?? We’re talking probably closer to 6 weeks after he granted my waiver and she doesn’t know anything. I emailed her almost a month ago now and have not heard anything from her, or the person at the medical email I previously talked to. Seems like people who finished things more recently know more than I do. Do I try to contact another person from HR or what do I do at this point? Seems like everyone except myself has got in the way. To think I could’ve been cleared 5 weeks earlier back in December and now March is almost out and I haven’t really heard anything.

Last edited:
Hey guys.

I finished the last thing I had to do which was my MMPI on Jan 20th. Could have had everything done 5 weeks sooner than that but my proctor claims she was forced to back out of my appointment last minute and reschedule.
Anyways, assuming I wasn’t tier 2’ed or anything, (which I was never notified of any issues) I should’ve been cleared the beginning of Feb. Here’s where it gets odd...I email my security guy at the end of Jan to find out he granted my waiver back in December. My HR rep Tammy Harris said around the same time she had not received anything yet?? We’re talking probably closer to 6 weeks after he granted my waiver and she doesn’t know anything. I emailed her almost a month ago now and have not heard anything from her, or the person at the medical email I previously talked to. Seems like people who finished things more recently know more than I do. Do I try to contact another person from HR or what do I do at this point? Seems like everyone except myself has got in the way. To think I could’ve been cleared 5 weeks earlier back in December and now March is almost out and I haven’t really heard anything.
1. Don't post your HR reps full name, no one appreciates that.
2. You cannot assume everything has cleared by the beginning of Feb there are a lot of things that can hold up your clearances.
3. Call the general HR number that was listed in the bid and ask for a status updates. See if they'll tell you what they have received and what they have not then you will know who to contact further... medical, background etc

I dont have insurance so out of pocket.
By any chance, did your AME give you details of your EKG? letting you know if it was all good or did they not disclose that information? Im asking because my AME told me my EKG looked great and that everything in my medical looked perfect. BUT i just got an email stating that they want me to do another EKG.

1. Don't post your HR reps full name, no one appreciates that.
2. You cannot assume everything has cleared by the beginning of Feb there are a lot of things that can hold up your clearances.
3. Call the general HR number that was listed in the bid and ask for a status updates. See if they'll tell you what they have received and what they have not then you will know who to contact further... medical, background et
Lol k

By any chance, did your AME give you details of your EKG? letting you know if it was all good or did they not disclose that information? Im asking because my AME told me my EKG looked great and that everything in my medical looked perfect. BUT i just got an email stating that they want me to do another EKG.
yup they said my EKG was normal and I should be cleared....a few weeks later I got the dreaded email I had 30 days to get a stress test and ekg done or id be removed from the process.

yup they said my EKG was normal and I should be cleared....a few weeks later I got the dreaded email I had 30 days to get a stress test and ekg done or id be removed from the process.
did they ask for a stress test with the EKG? Did they disclose to why they needed another EKG?

Ohh okay, sheesh they wanted a lot!! The nurse mentioned that for me, my chest hair could interfere with the results. She didnt shave it off and said that the machine got the results fine. Idk thats weird, im confused to why the AME said it looked great but the flight surgeon is like nahh.

Did you have to go to another AME or just a clinic that can check your EKG?

my ame wouldn't do it, I had to look for a cardiologist to do both stress test and ekg. I live in houston we have a an enormous medical center so I wasn't that difficult just pricey and annoying.
Ohh okay, sheesh they wanted a lot!! The nurse mentioned that for me, my chest hair could interfere with the results. She didnt shave it off and said that the machine got the results fine. Idk thats weird, im confused to why the AME said it looked great but the flight surgeon is like nahh.

Did you have to go to another AME or just a clinic that can check your EKG?

my ame wouldn't do it, I had to look for a cardiologist to do both stress test and ekg. I live in houston we have a an enormous medical center so I wasn't that difficult just pricey and annoying.
Ohh okay, yeah I dont have insurance so this is going to be fun lol.

Back
Top Bottom