Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Hey guys.

I finished the last thing I had to do which was my MMPI on Jan 20th. Could have had everything done 5 weeks sooner than that but my proctor claims she was forced to back out of my appointment last minute and reschedule.
Anyways, assuming I wasn’t tier 2’ed or anything, (which I was never notified of any issues) I should’ve been cleared the beginning of Feb. Here’s where it gets odd...I email my security guy at the end of Jan to find out he granted my waiver back in December. My HR rep TH said around the same time she had not received anything yet?? We’re talking probably closer to 6 weeks after he granted my waiver and she doesn’t know anything. I emailed her almost a month ago now and have not heard anything from her, or the person at the medical email I previously talked to. Seems like people who finished things more recently know more than I do. Do I try to contact another person from HR or what do I do at this point? Seems like everyone except myself has got in the way. To think I could’ve been cleared 5 weeks earlier back in December and now March is almost out and I haven’t really heard anything.
I have TH as well. I was cleared for everything back in Mid January. My medical was cleared 1/4 (per medical clearance email), my security 1/14 (per security POC)

I’m pretty sure I’ve received zero contact from TH throughout the whole process. I did end up emailing CS because it was suggested by some people on here, and she let me know I’ve been cleared for everything and I’m just pending for a class date.

So I’ve learned to not stress the no contact with my rep. They all work differently and as long as I’m moving on in the process (which I am) then I’m happy.

I’m sure they all work differently. We just gotta be patient.

I have TH as well. I was cleared for everything back in Mid January. My medical was cleared 1/4 (per medical clearance email), my security 1/14 (per security POC)

I’m pretty sure I’ve received zero contact from TH throughout the whole process. I did end up emailing CS because it was suggested by some people on here, and she let me know I’ve been cleared for everything and I’m just pending for a class date.

So I’ve learned to not stress the no contact with my rep. They all work differently and as long as I’m moving on in the process (which I am) then I’m happy.

I’m sure they all work differently. We just gotta be patient.
Only included the HR rep for this reason right here. In case someone else had the same experience! Thank you for the response!

Only included the HR rep for this reason right here. In case someone else had the same experience! Thank you for the response!
TH is also my HR rep. Highly recommend saving her phone number in your phone so you don’t miss her calls. She called me Thursday to offer me a new class date and I missed it. It took about 10 tries before I finally got through to her. She’s not easy to get ahold of!

TH is also my HR rep. Highly recommend saving her phone number in your phone so you don’t miss her calls. She called me Thursday to offer me a new class date and I missed it. It took about 10 tries before I finally got through to her. She’s not easy to get ahold of!
Will do! TYVM

wait what area code are these guys calling from? im presuming its an okc area code but i got a call from an illinois one the other day and didnt answer but they didnt leave a voicemail either

wait what area code are these guys calling from? im presuming its an okc area code but i got a call from an illinois one the other day and didnt answer but they didnt leave a voicemail either
Mine was 405. If it’s FAA it shouldn’t be from IL... to my knowledge. And if it was important they would leave you a voicemail.

my guess, someone wants to talk to you about your vehicles extended warranty.

I was cleared first week of March and was told I’ll be around the August or September class and they’ll reach out end of June or early July. So congratulations everyone!!!!
This is exciting information! I’m driving myself crazy knowing calls are going out again ?
Hey guys.

I finished the last thing I had to do which was my MMPI on Jan 20th. Could have had everything done 5 weeks sooner than that but my proctor claims she was forced to back out of my appointment last minute and reschedule.
Anyways, assuming I wasn’t tier 2’ed or anything, (which I was never notified of any issues) I should’ve been cleared the beginning of Feb. Here’s where it gets odd...I email my security guy at the end of Jan to find out he granted my waiver back in December. My HR rep TH said around the same time she had not received anything yet?? We’re talking probably closer to 6 weeks after he granted my waiver and she doesn’t know anything. I emailed her almost a month ago now and have not heard anything from her, or the person at the medical email I previously talked to. Seems like people who finished things more recently know more than I do. Do I try to contact another person from HR or what do I do at this point? Seems like everyone except myself has got in the way. To think I could’ve been cleared 5 weeks earlier back in December and now March is almost out and I haven’t really heard anything.
I haven't had any luck with TH emailing or calling me back, BUT I would try calling her. If she doesn't answer just call again the next day. I have also emailed CS (she's the one that originally sent me my CIL) and she seems to respond very quickly. If you can get anyone to respond to you, have them clarify your clearance date.

As I look over the Basics - Enroute Schedule and see the amount of classes posted through late 2021, I'm excited for everyone on this journey! People have started to get class dates over the past few weeks and things are beginning to look promising for us all. This thread has over 5k replies and 400k+ views. That's absolutely insane. I know we are all constantly checking for updates as it has now been 14 months since most of us applied.

I wanted to post and say a few things. If you have already accepted a class date and begun your training, please keep us updated with what its like if you can. Turnaround dates to OKC after basics course is one of my curiosities. To those still completing the process for the CIL, dot your t's and cross your i's. Don't cut corners on anything. Although this has been a long process, we are talking about a multi million dollar career and one of the coolest jobs in the world. I'm 22, and can only imagine what this career will transition to in my lifetime. The FAA has sponsored a lot of Space launches lately. Hint Hint. Wishing you all a happy career!

Cheers.

I knew to look for a 405 number calling, but saving her number... ?‍♀️ I should have done that months ago!

wow I hadn't seen that updated list, that's fantastic news hopefully in the next couple weeks we'll all hear something:)
As I look over the Basics - Enroute Schedule and see the amount of classes posted through late 2021, I'm excited for everyone on this journey! People have started to get class dates over the past few weeks and things are beginning to look promising for us all. This thread has over 5k replies and 400k+ views. That's absolutely insane. I know we are all constantly checking for updates as it has now been 14 months since most of us applied.

I wanted to post and say a few things. If you have already accepted a class date and begun your training, please keep us updated with what its like if you can. Turnaround dates to OKC after basics course is one of my curiosities. To those still completing the process for the CIL, dot your t's and cross your i's. Don't cut corners on anything. Although this has been a long process, we are talking about a multi million dollar career and one of the coolest jobs in the world. I'm 22, and can only imagine what this career will transition to in my lifetime. The FAA has sponsored a lot of Space launches lately. Hint Hint. Wishing you all a happy career!

Cheers.

Hey guys.

Did you figure out if you're medically cleared? If not, you might be one of the unlucky ones like me and be Tier 2 since the MMPI is part of your medical clearance. I had to email medical in January to find out since I was waiting for a month and a half and no word. Best bet is to email the 9-agl email

Congrats to everyone on the calls and class dates. I'm over here now obsessively checking my phone and email...

To anyone who had RK has their POC, have you received a class date since her LOA? I'm wondering how that may affect my timeline to recieve a date.

I knew to look for a 405 number calling, but saving her number... ?‍♀️ I should have done that months ago!
Yeah I’m not supposed to have my phone on me at work, but after I missed TH’s call, I called back and left a voicemail asking her to try calling me again since we kept missing each other and that I’d have my phone on me to answer. Well, 5 minutes later my phone went off and I went running off the floor to answer...but it was a spam call about social security lol. At that point is when I realized I should just save her number in my phone lol

This may have been answered here somewhere before, but the HR rep RK seems to be out on military leave. Does that mean all the people she is handling are in limbo or do they get transferred to another rep?

This is maybe giving the FAA too much credit, but if it were me, I'd have a master excel sheet with all of the cleared applicants sorted by date cleared (they do this part for sure someone said it before idk about the excel file though) and then whoever is filling classes that day work down the list

Probably makes too much sense tho haha

Back
Top Bottom