Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Oh hell yeah hope I make it to enroute then. I also dont wanna be in nowheresville, wyoming. Gotta have some civilization with a variety of good food around lol
Pretty sure Casper is the only FAA facility in WY. But little known fact, even small towns can have a variety of food choices. Or there is this awesome place called the grocery store. Just saying.... There's still like ten steps before anyone from this bid will be at a facility anyway. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

Pretty sure Casper is the only FAA facility in WY. But little known fact, even small towns can have a variety of food choices. Or there is this awesome place called the grocery store. Just saying.... There's still like ten steps before anyone from this bid will be at a facility anyway. Let's not put the cart before the horse.
Nowheresville WY was a joke. you cant get 10 cuts of prime grade beef medium rare, a full salad bar, and crack laced cheesy bread at the grocery store. But you can in san diego for $35 Rei Do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse - Gaslamp - San Diego, CA

You cant get a decent cubano and 3 leches cake in Kentucky but you will at Versailles in miami

You're not gonna find a cut of a5 wagyu in fargo, north Dakota but you will at bones in ATL.

You're not gonna find italian that can compete with marea in NYC around ABQ either

I've driven across the country twice and there are very few small towns with places that can compare to cities with access to better ingredients and competition to drive up the quality.

I get what you're saying, I've learned a lot about cooking from youtube and mostly make my own food but sometimes theres nothing like paying for the convenience and time saving factor of having someone do it for you

Eating my own cooking is a war crime, similar to forcing someone to dig their own grave before shooting them.

And depends on your definition of small town. There are more culinary choices on the coasts than the Central U.S.

Nowheresville WY was a joke. you cant get 10 cuts of prime grade beef medium rare, a full salad bar, and crack laced cheesy bread at the grocery store. But you can in san diego for $35 Rei Do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse - Gaslamp - San Diego, CA

You cant get a decent cubano and 3 leches cake in Kentucky but you will at Versailles in miami

You're not gonna find a cut of a5 wagyu in fargo, north Dakota but you will at bones in ATL.

You're not gonna find italian that can compete with marea in NYC around ABQ either

I've driven across the country twice and there are very few small towns with places that can compare to cities with access to better ingredients and competition to drive up the quality.

I get what you're saying, I've learned a lot about cooking from youtube and mostly make my own food but sometimes theres nothing like paying for the convenience and time saving factor of having someone do it for you
I think you're going to be disappointed in the facilities offered to you. But hey, get certified on a position and you can two flight deck training trips a year to go find whatever food you want in the United States.

I think you're going to be disappointed in the facilities offered to you. But hey, get certified on a position and you can two flight deck training trips a year to go find whatever food you want in the United States.
You think wrong then, imagine being in the navy out to sea for 6 months eating prison food. I could not care less about facility placement but I do have preferences. I have no problem cooking my food to how I like it because I already do that lol

Hey everyone; long time lurker, first time posting and congratulations to all that got referred today! I am curious, however; on prior bids someone in the know posted the numbers of how many folks applied, were offered the ATSA, how many took the test, were referred, the different pool counts, etc. Does anyone have knowledge of these numbers?

Hey everyone; long time lurker, first time posting and congratulations to all that got referred today! I am curious, however; on prior bids someone in the know posted the numbers of how many folks applied, were offered the ATSA, how many took the test, were referred, the different pool counts, etc. Does anyone have knowledge of these numbers?
I also have been wondering what the numbers were but I don't know if we'll get to know these numbers now, if at all later. Btw, love the name!

Pool 1 Best Qualified this time around. Used the same ATSA score that got me only "qualified" last year. I forgot I applied to this bid. I moved to Hawaii and began pursuing a different career path. If selected, I hope I can end up working ATC here in Hawaii so I don't have to move all over again.

Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed for those TOLs!

Congrats to all the BQs! Hopefully there's another chance for me. I was in the Alaska FSS thread and they were telling me that I will get a second chance at the ATSA since I was "accepted" to both bids...can anyone speak on this?

Not sure if this got lost in the wave of responses but thought I'd bump...again congrats to all the BQs!

Pool 1 Best Qualified this time around. Used the same ATSA score that got me only "qualified" last year. I forgot I applied to this bid. I moved to Hawaii and began pursuing a different career path. If selected, I hope I can end up working ATC here in Hawaii so I don't have to move all over again.

Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed for those TOLs!

Am I reading this right? The same score you used last year that was "qualified" got you BQ this time?

to be fair, that actually makes sense. The band you fall in is relative to the overall pool of applicants. I’ve heard of worse theories
Makes sense because if you looked at the numbers the FAA released, they're relatively similar in proportion for each band. Looks like the applicants are curved.

Makes sense because if you looked at the numbers the FAA released, they're relatively similar in proportion for each band. Looks like the applicants are curved.
It doesn’t make sense. Some people didn’t take the test and got the same band from last year.

On another note, for those of us (me) sulking over their qualified scores, I was just told from an aviation careers rep within the FAA that there will be another bid that we will be able to apply to "sometime this summer". I would take this with a grain of salt because I believe last year someone said the same thing about a January 2019 bid (but then the shutdown happened). So keep your heads up and just keep playing the waiting game!

Back
Top Bottom