Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Havent posted ITT in a while. I just passed the academy today. If anyone has any questions about the process, reply or message me. I will give a free pro-tip, the map just changed so if you are studying the old one, may as well give that up now lol
Congrats. That’s gotta be a hell of a feeling. What facility are you going to?

Havent posted ITT in a while. I just passed the academy today. If anyone has any questions about the process, reply or message me. I will give a free pro-tip, the map just changed so if you are studying the old one, may as well give that up now lol
Did you go Terminal?

Sorry, should have specified. En Route.

The relief is really like nothing I've ever had. Not sure yet, but I'm last in class so probably Oakland lol.
I know the pass rate thread has a fair bit of content, but any advise on how to get through those evals?

I know the pass rate thread has a fair bit of content, but any advise on how to get through those evals?
So in my class we joked a few times about how "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome." was important. But it's really not a joke. Adaptability is key. Right up there at the top I'd also rank being able to study the scope quickly and accurately as a top skill. It took me a while to really build that up, but once it got better I noticed I stopped running planes into other planes and airspaces as much. And the only way to get better is to make sure every practice ERAM you get better at something, even if it's just one facet of your whole job.

How hard was Academy?
It's a rollercoaster. It's not so much that everyday is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, it's that I've never had so much pressure driving me to try and succeed over such a length of time. It really begins to drain you, which then affects your ability to learn and demonstrate what you learned - which then stresses you out because you think you suck and the clock is ticking until evals. I fully believe one can overwork or over study. If you dont have effective methods for unwinding and grounding yourself, find out before you get here.

Hey! I'm scheduled to start EnRoute classes 12/07. I could use any tips or advice you can give! :)

It's a rollercoaster. It's not so much that everyday is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, it's that I've never had so much pressure driving me to try and succeed over such a length of time. It really begins to drain you, which then affects your ability to learn and demonstrate what you learned - which then stresses you out because you think you suck and the clock is ticking until evals. I fully believe one can overwork or over study. If you dont have effective methods for unwinding and grounding yourself, find out before you get here.
How was the coursework?

My HR rep emailed me with a start date of 12/10 and informed me that I'll have to take another drug test. I guess I'll receive the FOL after the drug test. She didn't mention if it was En Route or Terminal but I am beyond excited. I think I cleared around August so this was a shock to me.

My HR rep emailed me with a start date of 12/10 and informed me that I'll have to take another drug test. I guess I'll receive the FOL after the drug test. She didn't mention if it was En Route or Terminal but I am beyond excited. I think I cleared around August so this was a shock to me.
Who’s your HR rep?

Posting this for posterity for anyone still in this bid who look at people's hiring timelines.

Applied: June 2019 | ATSA: Oct. 2019 | Result: BQ, Not Referred | Reapplied: Jan 2020 | Referred: April 2020 | TOL Received: 09/29/2020 | EODS Emails: 10/23/2020 | EODS Approved: 11/04/2020 | CIL Received: 11/25/2020 | EQIP Submitted: 12/15/2020 | Medical Exam: 12/15/2020 | Drug Test: 12/23/2020 | MMPI: 01/12/2021 | Med, Sec, and MMPI Cleared: 01/21/2021 | FOL Received: 06/14/2021 | Basics Start: 7/13/2021 | OKC Date: 08/16/2021 | Graduated: 11/8/2021

Last edited:
So in my class we joked a few times about how "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome." was important. But it's really not a joke. Adaptability is key. Right up there at the top I'd also rank being able to study the scope quickly and accurately as a top skill. It took me a while to really build that up, but once it got better I noticed I stopped running planes into other planes and airspaces as much. And the only way to get better is to make sure every practice ERAM you get better at something, even if it's just one facet of your whole job.

How do you run planes into other planes from the d side?

Easy. Tell your R-side to CLIMB someone at FL210 to FL200(yes 200), your R-side DESCENDS him to FL200 right on top of opposite direction traffic at FL200. Flashing lights and steak sauce.
This is why the academy isn’t realistic. At a real center the r side would call you a fucking dumb asshole and not do it.

Back
Top Bottom