Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I just received my confirmation of accepting my TOL, not sure if everyone else has yet.

It also says that the clearance process is at a standstill bc "portions of the clearance process are on hold" and once they're all running, THEN we'll get the CIL to start the process. The 60 day timer does not start until the CIL is sent out, and that it might be a few months ?

hurry up and wait guys!
Still waiting on my confirmation.

I wouldn't get your hopes up there. There are a bunch of us with TOLs from the 2019 bid that are fully cleared and still waiting on onboarding dates.
There are, but I highly doubt there’s enough of you to fill up classes until next September. Even if there’s enough people from the 2019 bid to fill classes until April they aren’t going to take the next 5 months after that off.

There are, but I highly doubt there’s enough of you to fill up classes until next September. Even if there’s enough people from the 2019 bid to fill classes until April they aren’t going to take the next 5 months after that off.
I’m from the 2018 bid and still waiting on an FOL with the 2019 guys. I think the academy is doing 4 person classes for atleast into the beginning of next year, with like 4 classes going on at once. As opposed to the 10-16 person classes with like 6-8 going on at once. If they keep the stringent lock down and quarter sized classes for an overkill amount of time, something I can easily see government agencies doing to cover their own ass, I could see it being a while before even the rest of the 2019 people get class dates.

I’m from the 2018 bid and still waiting on an FOL with the 2019 guys. I think the academy is doing 4 person classes for atleast into the beginning of next year, with like 4 classes going on at once. As opposed to the 10-16 person classes with like 6-8 going on at once. If they keep the stringent lock down and quarter sized classes for an overkill amount of time, something I can easily see government agencies doing to cover their own ass, I could see it being a while before even the rest of the 2019 people get class dates.
Its currently 8-9 people per class for terminal and I think its the same size for en route. Terminal is 2 or 3 classes at a time and en route is able to do way more, looks like 5 new classes each month (not sure where that places them with how many classes are going on at one time).
En route classes seem to be going to OKC much sooner than terminal classes, but there always have been more enroute students and classes.

Its currently 8-9 people per class for terminal and I think its the same size for en route. Terminal is 2 or 3 classes at a time and en route is able to do way more, looks like 5 new classes each month (not sure where that places them with how many classes are going on at one time).
En route classes seem to be going to OKC much sooner than terminal classes, but there always have been more enroute students and classes.
I think the last en route class to finish was a class of of 11 people divided into 2 different classes, half going in during the day and half at night. I’m also referring back to pre covid times when you’d have the 16 person classes and 4 of them switching off in the labs during radar training. Even then it still took a full year from TOL- finishing the academy for all of the previous years TOL recipients to go through. I’m just speculating though I sure hope it goes fast for all of us.

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but someone in the prior experience 2020 bid said they received an email about the MMPI resuming in their area. It would be sweet if we got this moving along sooner than we're all expecting!

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but someone in the prior experience 2020 bid said they received an email about the MMPI resuming in their area. It would be sweet if we got this moving along sooner than we're all expecting!
proof or it never happened ;]

TOL, BQ, Pool 2. Carried over score from last bid.

Conflicted about taking this. Got a new job during pandemic working in tech, employer is GREAT and pays more than ATC. FAA in comparison has treated me like total garbage due to psychological issues (now 100% resolved, not medication related) as a minor (I'm almost 30 now) on my application for a medical cert for piloting fixed wing. It's been 2+ years since AME visit, no medical. It's asinine and pathetic that they've made me wait this long without a denial or approval. I also suspect due to their conservatism, all things considered, given what they already know and what I had to do to work on my medical in response (mmpi-2), I would be tier 2'd.

I love aviation, but does anyone know if I am committed to this position if I accept TOL, assuming medical clearance goes through or no? I refuse to be committed at this stage as I have no trust in this organization at all. But if I can jump in pipeline and jump out later if they deny me for piloting, that's ok.

It's honestly pathetic that I am even thinking this, but I have to; I have been treated quite poorly by OKC and the Federal Air Surgeon's office.

I’d accept the TOL and keep going forward, you won’t burn any bridges by withdrawing at the last moment. ATC is like any other job, I’ve worked with several controllers who made really good investments and decided to resign in their early 30’s. You just give your 2 weeks and it’s over.

If you have the skills for tech, It’s got a far bigger upside potential than ATC in my opinion, but there’s no harm in continuing the ATC process until you get to the point of no return.

Back
Top Bottom