Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

That'd an absurd number of qualified (me being one of them who is still confused how I got that score). Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember such a disparity in previous bids. CAMI seemed to have changed up the weights of the sections.

Apparently knowing where Ted Bundy is in line relative to Bill Nye at Chipotle on a Thursday afternoon is more important than separating fake planes and visual awareness.

I agree. Maybe I just suck, but I thought this was my best attempt at the test. Qualified and referred, I wouldn't doubt they changed the weights up

I am Pool 2 BQ and referred. Sucks cause this bid was when I was still in school for my CTI. But now I am graduated with my CTI and will have to wait until next bid in order to be in Pool 1 to get picked up. Which is looking more and more like a possibility with how everything is going :(

I am Pool 2 BQ and referred. Sucks cause this bid was when I was still in school for my CTI. But now I am graduated with my CTI and will have to wait until next bid in order to be in Pool 1 to get picked up. Which is looking more and more like a possibility with how everything is going :(

you prob will get picked up from this bid even in pool 2 BQ...there aren’t many P1 BQ in front of you

Im not holding my breath!
Breathe man. They’re not going to just toss all of the applicants aside just because they can’t keep to a timeline similar to previous years. They still need to hire. They’ve already spent money on this applicant pool. They have no reason to not pick up all of the BQ’s out of both pools at the very least. I’d expect a TOL in the near future - then you can hold your breath and suffocate waiting for a start date!

I
Correct, and though it is not common, it is even possible with BQ/WQ to not get referred when there are Qs that did get referred (I know of 2 this bid). Sometimes it's best to not try to figure this stuff out.

I was well qualified in 2019 and didn’t, so it certainly can happen.

“Tons of people survive cancer.”
You: “You can still get ran over by a car.”

You can’t let a man have some peace of mind?
Believe it or not you have less stress waiting for a TOL than doing all the things it takes to get an FOL. Doing all the clearances on time is a small miracle especially with COVID involved.

Believe it or not you have less stress waiting for a TOL than doing all the things it takes to get an FOL. Doing all the clearances on time is a small miracle especially with COVID involved.

Me personally I had more stress waiting for a TOL than between TOL and FOL. Once I got the TOL I knew I'd pass the drug test, MMPI, background check, etc. It was only 4 months between TOL and FOL for me in '18 so I was pretty lucky. I'd say I became more impatient waiting for the FOL because I knew it was a matter of when not if. But that's just my experience! Everyone views it differently.

Me personally I had more stress waiting for a TOL than between TOL and FOL. Once I got the TOL I knew I'd pass the drug test, MMPI, background check, etc. It was only 4 months between TOL and FOL for me in '18 so I was pretty lucky. I'd say I became more impatient waiting for the FOL because I knew it was a matter of when not if. But that's just my experience! Everyone views it differently.
You can’t know you’d pass the MMPI. Some
totally fine people get caught up in the MMPI for years

Yep- I'd rather have just been told that I wasn't qualified instead of being stuck in MMPI limbo (thankfully i never was). It was a 1 year minimum wait, longer with COVID now.

Last edited:
This ^
I was more worried about the MMPI than anything else throughout the process between TOL to FOL. I know someone that got Tier 2 with the June 2019 bid. I asked him if he answered too "perfect" and he told me he thought he was answering honestly. Really nice guy too so I could understand it, but it still sucks.

Hey I feel you, about to graduate with a CTI and honestly, I just started looking at the Air National Guard.

Hey I feel you, about to graduate with a CTI and honestly, I just started looking at the Air National Guard.
I've personally been considering the ANG or the Air Force myself. I've even gone as far as finding out what 10 jobs I would want (since they require you to list it going in) and finding out if I can take my ASVABs lol

Back
Top Bottom