Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

What kind of timeline would this put us at for FOL/academy?

I feel like this is going by pretty quickly compared to other bids, from what I’ve read
They said it may take 2 months for them all to go out. Then 2 months to complete everything puts you at january/February at the earliest for medical no?

Got my 4th EODS form! Glad it emails us to let us know there’s another for us to fill out! November is next week, so hopefully within the next few weeks we’ll start to have our CIL’s! Exciting!

I’ve been keeping my mouth shut mostly but my father was pretty high up at Chicago center and he’s reached out a bit for information since I’m in this hiring process and what he’s heard is that they are trying to do this process quick in case there is a freeze from the government and also because they are getting low on controllers due to a high number of them being forced into retirement due to being 56 and having been hired around the same time from the whole group that was fired in the 70’s due to going on strike. Covid is so unpredictable and so is the government but hopefully this is good news to all of us! Looks like they are sticking by trying to do this quick though

thank you.
I'm glad I live in a metropolitan area, Houston has like 5 options for me to choose from when the time comes.
A fellow Texan! I’m up in Dallas at a quick look seems like we’re mostly orange here. Hopefully somewhere opens up soon, but I’m still waiting on the EOD too

I'm curious what any of you did for transcripts. I assume (yes, I know the dangers of assuming anything) they only care about higher education transcripts, and not High School. I never went to college so I waved it off at first, but thinking about it today, I did go to a technical school about 5 years ago. But it had no college credit courses and I don't even have an Associate's degree, so it's totally unrelated. Thoughts?

Facilities can file waivers if they’re not yellow or green. Just FYI. Idk the criteria to be met for the waivers but it can be done.

I'm curious what any of you did for transcripts. I assume (yes, I know the dangers of assuming anything) they only care about higher education transcripts, and not High School. I never went to college so I waved it off at first, but thinking about it today, I did go to a technical school about 5 years ago. But it had no college credit courses and I don't even have an Associate's degree, so it's totally unrelated. Thoughts?

If you claimed any college credit on your application you need to send transcripts. If you claimed only work experience then there's no need.

I’ve been keeping my mouth shut mostly but my father was pretty high up at Chicago center and he’s reached out a bit for information since I’m in this hiring process and what he’s heard is that they are trying to do this process quick in case there is a freeze from the government and also because they are getting low on controllers due to a high number of them being forced into retirement due to being 56 and having been hired around the same time from the whole group that was fired in the 70’s due to going on strike. Covid is so unpredictable and so is the government but hopefully this is good news to all of us! Looks like they are sticking by trying to do this quick though
I don't suppose he knows about the next OTS bid, huh? I don't believe I'm getting a TOL this time around (P2Q) and am just curious. I'm in CTI but don't graduate until Dec. '21, but still doesn't hurt to be curious

Back
Top Bottom