Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

I think you guys might be overthinking the ATSA lol. I get it, I read the guide on this site 2 times because I wanted to know what to expect. But it's not a test you can study for. Do your best and take your time, you have plenty. It's not nearly as mysterious as it seems once you get there (at least that's how I felt).
You cant study for it but you can at least practice where you feel somewhat confident on the exam. And confidence can calm down nerves a lot for those anxious jitter bugs lol

By the 6th set of number differences my brain was already mush. Was it 6 or did I just type 6?? So I would have to take a minute or two between sets. But I think I did well on that. Got through a ton of numbers. 4 collisions is the only thing I really messed up, but did 50% of the math problems I think. Rest of it was a breeze and finished under 2 hours without using a break.

Just completed the ATSA! I’ve been consistently error-free on differences/variables in the study games, so I figured those would be the easiest portion of the test. Wrong! Don’t know why, but the differences just really got me. Logic and the ATC sim were definitely the easiest on the test, even though I still had a few collisions. Hated the personality exam, since the repeat questions felt like a waste of time. After the fifth or sixth version of “do you hate people or are you more of an airhead?” I was about to conk out.

Just completed the ATSA! I’ve been consistently error-free on differences/variables in the study games, so I figured those would be the easiest portion of the test. Wrong! Don’t know why, but the differences just really got me. Logic and the ATC sim were definitely the easiest on the test, even though I still had a few collisions. Hated the personality exam, since the repeat questions felt like a waste of time. After the fifth or sixth version of “do you hate people or are you more of an airhead?” I was about to conk out.
Yeah, I just sat and laughed at the personality questions. I feel like they are trying to trap you but I really don't think this portion matters too much lol

Might as well hop in here! Took my ATSA for the 3rd time this morning. I feel like I actually nailed the logical reasoning and reading comprehension sections this time! But let's be honest, here's to getting another score other than BQ!

Yeah, I just sat and laughed at the personality questions. I feel like they are trying to trap you but I really don't think this portion matters too much lol
Hopefully! I can't imagine it would matter too much if we're self-identifying introverts or extroverts lol

Does the FAA publish how many were selected to take the ATSA, and how many they are looking to hire?
It usually is posted somewhere, or at least they say it after they do their selection. It is usually on reddit

I am wondering if I screwed up the radar simulation badly. After the first few simulations, I realized that maybe I should be pressing 0 after I have removed all potential collisions from the screen, and not only when the scenario has no potential collisions to begin with. So I began doing that.

Was this correct, or have I invalidated all of my otherwise-correct responses? Perhaps it won't even be taken into account, because they are just looking for how many collisions I prevented and how many balls I removed unnecessarily? I really hope I didn't destroy my score on the section...

I am wondering if I screwed up the radar simulation badly. After the first few simulations, I realized that maybe I should be pressing 0 after I have removed all potential collisions from the screen, and not only when the scenario has no potential collisions to begin with. So I began doing that.

Was this correct, or have I invalidated all of my otherwise-correct responses? Perhaps it won't even be taken into account, because they are just looking for how many collisions I prevented and how many balls I removed unnecessarily? I really hope I didn't destroy my score on the section...
On ATCprep, I think at whatever point there could be no possible collisions, you're supposed to press 0. But I can't remember the exact wording for this one. I honestly only pressed it a couple times at the beginning, and then forgot about it when the math portion began. Who knows how that part will be scored.

Does anyone remember the latest date for the ATSA? I thought it was December 10th or around that time, I just know I was towards the last dates of taking it.

Hopefully by the new year we will be hearing from people and getting results. Until then I'm trying to distract myself with finals week and other things. Fingers crossed, folks!
Hoping the same thing!! Do we find out if we get referred when we find out our placement or does that come later?

Back
Top Bottom