Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

How would you know without having successfully completed training? Based strictly on what I’ve read about academy, I don’t think what you’re saying holds water. The test is designed to apply stress to the test taker and assess how they perform under pressure. It would seem that’s a common theme between the ATSA, academy, and facility training. I am not saying it’s perfect, but I feel like it is reasonable to assume the ATSA accomplishes something in upholding the FAA’s approach to hiring suitable employees.
Agree. The ATSA was designed by certified ATCs. There have also been studies on ATSA performance and Academy success/failure rates.

The ATSA was designed by certified ATCs
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I am interested in the overlapping stats over the past 3 or so years of "people who just took the ATSA and said to study 6 hours a day for 30 days prior" and people that actually passed the academy. Curious...

Agree. The ATSA was designed by certified ATCs. There have also been studies on ATSA performance and Academy success/failure rates.

What is going on with some if yall.. Talking like they know how everything works.. You haven't even been to the academy bruh. There's cpcs that have been in 15+ years who don't know this info. Chill. Don't try to analyze things you don't understand. If you make it you make it. If you dont, you dont. Control what you can and live with what you cant. ICYMI this career aint for everyone and I definitely don't want those people working when Im flying

FAA seems to be hiring experienced controllers. Opens on 7 Jan. Just heard about this. Not sure if anyone qualifies but it’s coming! The FAA must not be making numbers since they are expanding the pool to more people.

The people in this thread should start studying the NR map now since they know so much. Holy hell this thread is hilarious. Wouldn’t ever wanna be back in the hell of waiting on a TOL

Lol this is a bogus statement.

Where are these studies you speak of?

Ya controllers when not on position sit around a campfire and think of math problems they can throw at potential hires while balls fly across the screen.

Back
Top Bottom