Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

I think I read something somewhere that after you receive your TOL, you have to be careful quitting your current job or finding new employment because it messes up something in the process.

Anyone can attest to this? Tried searching FAQ and other forums but cannot remember where I found that info
Just use common sense. My current boss knows my plan the whole way through. Told him I applied, told him the results and what to expect. He says should I get into a class I'm good to go, and come back if it doesn't work out.

Just use common sense. My current boss knows my plan the whole way through. Told him I applied, told him the results and what to expect. He says should I get into a class I'm good to go, and come back if it doesn't work out.
That’s cool. But I’m not talking about employers receiving employee verification letters.

It was something vague about the FAA not wanting you to find a new job after you already signed all your past employment forms.

That’s cool. But I’m not talking about employers receiving employee verification letters.

It was something vague about the FAA not wanting you to find a new job after you already signed all your past employment forms.
So basically, assuming we get to that point, we wouldn’t be able to get a job while we wait for a class date?

So basically, assuming we get to that point, we wouldn’t be able to get a job while we wait for a class date?
That’s why I think I’m tripping. I’m worried because when I do sign all my past employment references in the future, if I get a job after I sign all that, then the FAA will see that I have new employment that I didn’t record.

Idk man might just be worrying for nothing but I swear I heard something about not leaving your current job until your academy date.

That’s why I think I’m tripping. I’m worried because when I do sign all my past employment references in the future, if I get a job after I sign all that, then the FAA will see that I have new employment that I didn’t record.

Idk man might just be worrying for nothing but I swear I heard something about not leaving your current job until your academy date.
Yeah, I feel you. I remember reading that too, but I just don't remember where. Might've been on Reddit?

If you quit a job and start a new one at any point before you do your eQIP you’ll have to document it. If there are any gaps in employment you’ll need to explain that as well. But the FAA doesn’t care what you do/don’t do with your previous employment situation before you’re hired. If you get a TOL and the next day decide to move from being a cashier at Walmart to one at Target it won’t change anything except what you list on your background investigation.

Why worry about something we can’t really control at this point? Enjoy the stage of life you are at and make the best of it.

You're fine. I quit a job I had for three years, started a new one, and did a couple independent contracting jobs (from the 2020 bid). You just have to disclose those new jobs on the next eqip which isn't for many years. It's basically saying don't get another job while at the academy

Speaking of past jobs, I noticed on my application I had forgotten to include one that I only worked for a few months back in 2019. - can I update this if I get a TOL for my background check? (If it even matters).

Literally nobody will ever look at your application again. If you get a TOL you will go through a background investigation which is infinitely more in depth than just providing a resume.
Cool, just didn't want to be disqualified for some technicality of not providing my "full employment history". :)

52 hours or 52 weeks? Mann come on mannn…dont mix me up now
Not sure what the dude you quoted was talking about exactly, but the most recent bid was for experienced controllers, as defined by having certd for 52 weeks. Has nothing to do with OTS hires or hopefuls, who have totally different stipulations outlined for them.

Might be wishful thinking but I've been trying to track my application on USAJOBS and AVIATOR but the AVIATOR server is being incredibly slow and timing out, I know it's not my connection..?? maybe mass emails causing it?

Back
Top Bottom