Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Question, on the DOT form at the very bottom where it asks "Current Organization Assigned", is it asking for my current employer? Or does it want me to say FAA?
If you are not currently government employed, you are to leave it blank. My email said that they use the same form for current employees as well as applicants.

At this point I have completed every step of the process since the second week of april, and have received no communication as to the completion of any part of the process. How many people are in the same boat, and what would you guys recommend.

At this point I have completed every step of the process since the second week of april, and have received no communication as to the completion of any part of the process. How many people are in the same boat, and what would you guys recommend.
Since it’s been approximately 2-2.5 months, I would say email your HR POC, and ask if he/she can update you on your clearance statuses and if they require any further information.

I was notified that I cleared the MMPI after checking in to make sure they didn't need anything further. They are awaiting my drug test results so they can send my medical file to the flight surgeon.

Last edited:
I was notified that I cleared the MMPI after checking in to make sure they didn't need anything further. They are awaiting my drug test results so they can send my medical file to the flight surgeon.
Did you reach out to your HR person or the medical applicant email to get that info? Last thing I did was my MMPI on 5/17, but I haven't heard anything back yet about it or any of the other steps. I was considering shooting an email since it's been a month now.

Did you reach out to your HR person or the medical applicant email to get that info? Last thing I did was my MMPI on 5/17, but I haven't heard anything back yet about it or any of the other steps. I was considering shooting an email since it's been a month now.
I replied to my CIL instructions from my HR POC. It appears as though she forwarded it because someone else random replied that I hadn’t talked to up to that point.

How long after your MMPI were they able to inform you of clearance? It has been a week since I took it.

Anyone reapplying while waiting for this bid?
If you already have a TOL/CIL, what would be the reason for re-applying? You will have to wait until the end of year for ATSA to close and if you have issues holding you up now (MMPI, etc.) those issues won't dissapear? The way I see it, you're just going to the bottom of the list and wasting your/and the HR people's time.

Was notified today that I have been granted my security waiver. Now just waiting on full medical to clear (since they were waiting on drug test results) and we will be at the Academy will be here before we know it.

Last edited:
Has anyone else failed medical for not having 20/20? Saw a post about this in the past but can’t find it

My AME told me I’ll just need an Optometrist to write a letter confirming its correctable to 20/20. Wasn’t sure what else is required in that letter. Prefer to get that knocked out sooner than later

Haven’t gotten an email from medical POC about it yet but AME sounded confident that would be my only hang up

Last edited:
Has anyone else failed medical for not having 20/20? Saw a post about this in the past but can’t find it

My AME told me I’ll just need an Optometrist to write a letter confirming its correctable to 20/20. Wasn’t sure what else is required in that letter. Prefer to get that knocked out sooner than later

Haven’t gotten an email from medical POC about it yet but AME sounded confident that would be my only hang up
I had to have the optometrist sign and fax a paper back saying my corrected vision is 20/20.

For uncorrectable vision, Rytomi on stuckmic was 20/40 in one eye due to amblyopia and had to go through a multi year appeal. There were a few on here that had similar issues and their appeals were only a few months long. They will likely request you to fill out a “report of eye evaluation” with a bunch of tests. Even if you can’t correct to 20/20 they may still pass you under special consideration. If you just need glasses then you have it easy and will only need a “must wear corrective lenses” limitation on your medical.

Back
Top Bottom