Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Is anyone else getting the business from medical? 10% disabled with tinnitus that doesn’t affect my hearing. I asked if I could get another audiology exam in place of my VA records, which aren’t estimated to be here for 3-6 months and were supposed to the very last thing I needed to be medically cleared. Must’ve been a dumb question because now my flight surgeon decided they want my entire determination letter and everything else I applied for, whether I received a rating or not, as well as the exam report from my tinnitus appointment. I had made a mistake on my preemployment worksheet that I thought I had resolved by sending a new revised one, but my power hungry, slow to respond medical rep decided she now wants a written and signed personal statement. Do your friends a favor and tell them not to say they’re disabled or plan on claiming any disabilities if they get picked up for a bid. My HR rep has been non-existent lately as well. I’ve cleared everything else. Good MMPI background check and physical.
you have to disclose your medical to your AME, just write the letter. Tell them why and how your tinnitus will not affect your ability to work.

Is anyone else getting the business from medical? 10% disabled with tinnitus that doesn’t affect my hearing. I asked if I could get another audiology exam in place of my VA records, which aren’t estimated to be here for 3-6 months and were supposed to the very last thing I needed to be medically cleared. Must’ve been a dumb question because now my flight surgeon decided they want my entire determination letter and everything else I applied for, whether I received a rating or not, as well as the exam report from my tinnitus appointment. I had made a mistake on my preemployment worksheet that I thought I had resolved by sending a new revised one, but my power hungry, slow to respond medical rep decided she now wants a written and signed personal statement. Do your friends a favor and tell them not to say they’re disabled or plan on claiming any disabilities if they get picked up for a bid. My HR rep has been non-existent lately as well. I’ve cleared everything else. Good MMPI background check and physical.
You definitely want to disclose any VA ratings you have. There were a few lawsuits years back when the FAA decided to do a cross check (which they are more than able to) and you’ll be in a mess if they see you lied. When I had my physical I sent the VA breakdown letter as they requested and my flight doc just asked if it was bad enough to effect my work or anything and I said no and that was the end of it. Sorry yours seems to have kind of turned into a mess.

Anyone else still waiting on medical… been over 4 months now… anyone?
No notification of tier 2 or requests for more information, just that the flight doc is delayed due to covid.

Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting on medical… been over 4 months now… anyone?
No notification of tier 2 or requests for more information, just that the flight doc is delayed due to covid.
I know of at least one other person still waiting, but only because he took forever to get his paperwork/appointments taken care of.

Has anyone else been asked to produce the exam report from your audiology exam? Everyone I know has only had to write a statement saying tinnitus wouldn’t affect their ability to work. Rather than wait for my VA records I went and got another audiology exam. Haven’t heard from my medical contact Janet in about 2 weeks.

My HR person hasn’t returned an email or call in weeks too.

Anyone else being told that the latest executive order is holding up their FOL?
After receiving an initial FOL, we were sent a second 'amended' FOL that included the vaccination requirement. Had to re-sign and submit the new one. The hold up could be getting these new FOL's out in the order for upcoming classes that are starting over the next week or two, and then moving down the line to later class start dates.

Just made aware that my HR rep (CS) has moved positions and have a new HR rep now. So if this is your HR person then check in with them and they’ll tell you your new rep’s info.

I wonder what kind of guidance they’re waiting on. You either accept the new terms of employment or you don’t. Maybe if you have a legit exemption but that shouldn’t hold up everyone else.

It’s just the bureaucracy at work. Nothing gets done without it being in writing.
I wonder what kind of guidance they’re waiting on. You either accept the new terms of employment or you don’t. Maybe if you have a legit exemption but that shouldn’t hold up everyone else.

Is anyone from this announcement previously enroute? If you apply to previous exp bids with only en route experience are they going to give you a list of Z's or just the one you were previously certified at?

Back
Top Bottom