Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

So I've been "pending flight surgeon review" for about two months and some change. I've been told by the medical HR that there "shouldn't be anything in my medical history holding up the process" Has anyone here been waiting a similar time frame? I email my HR rep every few weeks but lately I haven't even received a response. Flight Docs must be swamped or something huh?

So I've been "pending flight surgeon review" for about two months and some change. I've been told by the medical HR that there "shouldn't be anything in my medical history holding up the process" Has anyone here been waiting a similar time frame? I email my HR rep every few weeks but lately I haven't even received a response. Flight Docs must be swamped or something huh?
I spoke directly with my flight doc recently (Unfortunately it was via a transfer and not direct line of contact), He told me there are now only 2 flight surgeons to review ALL new hires and they are extremly backed up. Additionally they have end of year reviews to submit and one of the docs is in a legal case that is taking most of his time up.

Ive been pending review since June so I feel your pain.

Also, as far as HR goes, I had KH who was on baby leave for 12 weeks then upon return was pulled from new hires and I was re-assigned LM. I only found this out by emailing KH twice a week for 3 weeks until he finally told me she was my new and HR. No contact from her at all.

I spoke directly with my flight doc recently (Unfortunately it was via a transfer and not direct line of contact), He told me there are now only 2 flight surgeons to review ALL new hires and they are extremly backed up. Additionally they have end of year reviews to submit and one of the docs is in a legal case that is taking most of his time up.

Ive been pending review since June so I feel your pain.

Also, as far as HR goes, I had KH who was on baby leave for 12 weeks then upon return was pulled from new hires and I was re-assigned LM. I only found this out by emailing KH twice a week for 3 weeks until he finally told me she was my new and HR. No contact from her at all.
Appreciate the info but man that sounds like a nightmare honestly. Guess ill keep my hopes down to an all time low and expect something next year lol

Just received medical clearance email. Now to wait for a list! (Timeline below)
2/26/22- TOL Received.
2/28/22- TOL acceptance sent back to FAA.
3/4/22- TOL acceptance received by FAA.
4/5/22- EODS email received.
4/7/22- EODS complete.
5/3/22- 1/2 EODS forms approved
5/12/22- 2/2 EODS forms approved
5/12/22- CIL Received
5/20/22- Allergy questionnaire received and request for statement of medication usage.
5/20/22- Allergy questionnaire and medication statement returned to FAA.
6/20/22- AME/ Class 2 complete
6/21/22- MMPI complete
6/21/22- Drug Test complete
6/22/22- In-person Security Investigation Complete
7/19/22- Soft Security Clearance issued.
9/28/22- Security Clearance Letter of Advisory (firm letter stating I was granted security clearance)
10/11/22- Found out my doctor requested blood work in June and my med rep never reached out to let me know. Sent in labs immediately.
11/1/22- Told I need to get more labs done. (Went to lab immediately and got blood taken)
11/3/22- Lab results submitted to flight surgeon and cleared medically by flight surgeon a few hours later.

Last edited by a moderator:

2/26/22- TOL Received.

4/7/22- EODS complete.

5/12/22- CIL Received

5/20/22- Allergy questionnaire received and request for statement of medication usage.

6/21/22- MMPI complete

9/28/22- Security Clearance Letter of Advisory (firm letter stating I was granted security clearance)

10/11/22- Found out my doctor requested blood work in June and my med rep never reached out to let me know. Sent in labs immediately.

11/1/22- Told I need to get more labs done. (Went to lab immediately and got blood taken)

11/3/22- Lab results submitted to flight surgeon and cleared medically by flight surgeon a few hours later.
this is awesome news for you I hope you get your list soon!

2/26/22- TOL Received.
4/7/22- EODS complete.
5/12/22- CIL Received
6/21/22- MMPI complete
Post that list when you get it

2/26/22- TOL Received.
4/7/22- EODS complete.
5/12/22- CIL Received
6/21/22- MMPI complete
I will never understand the way they do things. Had something similar happen. Got flagged medically and turned in everything back in July, still have heard nothing. Yet, they did a 2 day turn around for you. Makes zero sense. I hope you get a great list.

I will never understand the way they do things. Had something similar happen. Got flagged medically and turned in everything back in July, still have heard nothing. Yet, they did a 2 day turn around for you. Makes zero sense. I hope you get a great list.
For clarity they needed the same labs since June but there was bad communication and I wasn’t told all of the correct information to send intitially.

Only reason it was a 2 day turn around was because I called my personal doctor to put lab work in for me and emailed the results directly to my flight surgeon as soon as they came back to me.

I had been back and forth with this doctor for about a month now trying to get him the right stuff

For clarity they needed the same labs since June but there was bad communication and I wasn’t told all of the correct information to send intitially.

Only reason it was a 2 day turn around was because I called my personal doctor to put lab work in for me and emailed the results directly to my flight surgeon as soon as they came back to me.

I had been back and forth with this doctor for about a month now trying to get him the right stuff
How do you even get the direct flight surgeon number? I turned in all my extra documents months ago and all I ever get from the med rep is, "You're in queue for medical. Please be patient as every individual situation is different and times may vary."

How do you even get the direct flight surgeon number? I turned in all my extra documents months ago and all I ever get from the med rep is, "You're in queue for medical. Please be patient as every individual situation is different and times may vary."
I dug up what region I was in and started calling numbers on the FAA website until I got someone to spill the beans. Had I not done that, my med rep (Initials- OR) would have never told me the doctor requested additonal information.

I dug up what region I was in and started calling numbers on the FAA website until I got someone to spill the beans. Had I not done that, my med rep (Initials- OR) would have never told me the doctor requested additonal information.
Good idea!

404-305-6150
Number I was given for flight surgeon office in the SE, maybe it can help.

Just got the email back saying I was medically cleared (7 months after physical). You probably know this one but this is who contacted me.

[email protected]

404-305-6150
Number I was given for flight surgeon office in the SE, maybe it can help.

Just got the email back saying I was medically cleared (7 months after physical). You probably know this one but this is who contacted me.

[email protected]
I'm great lakes region, so I doubt they will help me. I'll be doing some more digging though. Thank you!

I’ve called regional flight surgeon before to voicemail only, but if/when you do get through what are you saying/asking to get them to work on your case? Or are you just asking about your medical clearance and hoping to hear good news?

I’ve called regional flight surgeon before to voicemail only, but if/when you do get through what are you saying/asking to get them to work on your case? Or are you just asking about your medical clearance and hoping to hear good news?
I've actually never gotten anything but voicemail. I did however receive an email from the med rep. I didn't just ask the status. I asked what the hold up was and if there was anything I can do to expedite it from my end. She always gives me a canned response of, "Unfortunately, we cannot give a timeframe for the determination of medical clearances, as each case is different. Your patience is appreciated." Which doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm asking if there is anything that's making it be held up.

Back
Top Bottom