FAA no longer covering coronavirus leave, or just our facility?

phrenetik

We have several controllers and tech ops that tested positive a week and a half ago. Now a new controller in our area tested positive yesterday and is told he must use his own sick leave for a mandatory 10 day quarantine and will never be reimbursed...when he likely got coronavirus from one of the other 4 positive people at work.

How does this make sense? They're telling us to wear masks, yet we're not getting hazard pay. we're giving each other covid at work while trying to be safe, AND we MUST quarantine for 10 days if we test positive and have no symptoms?? Is this happening everywhere?

We have several controllers and tech ops that tested positive a week and a half ago. Now a new controller in our area tested positive yesterday and is told he must use his own sick leave for a mandatory 10 day quarantine and will never be reimbursed...when he likely got coronavirus from one of the other 4 positive people at work.

How does this make sense? They're telling us to wear masks, yet we're not getting hazard pay. we're giving each other covid at work while trying to be safe, AND we MUST quarantine for 10 days if we test positive and have no symptoms?? Is this happening everywhere?

The way I read this, if they tested positive, they should be getting an additional 80 hours to take:

"federal employees covered by Title II of the Family and Medical Leave Act are covered by the paid sick leave provision."

What we got from our rep is that you get admin leave while waiting for your results, but if you are tested positive, then it's your own leave. If only they forced people home when they have the flu, but many still come in sniffling.

The way I read this, if they tested positive, they should be getting an additional 80 hours to take:

"federal employees covered by Title II of the Family and Medical Leave Act are covered by the paid sick leave provision."

It sounds like we are not covered under that department of labor by the FAAs choice to not cover covid with admin leave.

It's funny they have people staying home to avoid getting covid on admin leave....but if you actually get it you're screwed

NOW IM REALLY PISSED IM NOT TRAINING

Whoa! What's with the yelling? Please, don't worry or think about the fact you're also losing out on the extra 5% TSP match that would be higher if you got a raise. And I mean it's less then 3 years into your career so, in 20 some years that little bit of money would be worth a lot more. But then again, maybe this delay is keeping you from an early NEST appearance if you would be unsuccessful, thus giving a lower level tower time to have an opening. Wait, those bitches will probably be cut first, plus anyone could check out right now, you are fucked. I'd use Bold and CAPS! #bestjobeverCountryclubPushingtin #Iamatthecapsowhocaresaboutyou

Whoa! What's with the yelling? Please, don't worry or think about the fact you're also losing out on the extra 5% TSP match that would be higher if you got a raise. And I mean it's less then 3 years into your career so, in 20 some years that little bit of money would be worth a lot more. But then again, maybe this delay is keeping you from an early NEST appearance if you would be unsuccessful, thus giving a lower level tower time to have an opening. Wait, those bitches will probably be cut first, plus anyone could check out right now, you are fucked. I'd use Bold and CAPS! #bestjobeverCountryclubPushingtin #Iamatthecapsowhocaresaboutyou
Oh I know my dude. And im not in a rush To get my tsp going cus I’m already over 30 or anything

Thinking about loss tsp contributions because I didn’t ask to be sent to center instead of terminal makes my head spin. 5% matching at a level 10 salary is significantly more than 5% at a level 7 one

But your 5% is not.....what the agency puts in. Granted the matching isn’t much, but mine has doubled since I’ve moved up a few levels.
If you contribute 5% or greater, the FAA will match that same 5% of what you contribute. Not 5% of your base pay.
So contributing a dollar amount of at least 5% will result in the same matching regardless of your base pay.
Right?

Back
Top Bottom