Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

For whatever reason the 9-10 jump is a 15% raise. 10-11 and 11-12 are about 5 % jumps. All the other jumps at about 10% except for 4-5 which is about 14%.
9-10 jump is nearly impossible which is why there is only 1 lvl 10 up down in the entire country currently. Idk if BNA or AUS will make it but the system is fucked.

9-10 jump is nearly impossible which is why there is only 1 lvl 10 up down in the entire country currently. Idk if BNA or AUS will make it but the system is fucked.
BNA will probably make it, thing is MTSU is moving their flight school to Shelbyville, so that might damage the numbers. Lots of factors, but they are close.

The paybands are are sorta grouped together. 4-5-6, 7-8-9, and10-11-12. This means some jumps are simply dumb for the increased amount of work vs pay raise. Especially at the higher levels.

Random aside: Since tower requires the least amount of actual air traffic talent can you tower guys stop crying about your pay?

The paybands are are sorta grouped together. 4-5-6, 7-8-9, and10-11-12. This means some jumps are simply dumb for the increased amount of work vs pay raise. Especially at the higher levels.

Random aside: Since tower requires the least amount of actual air traffic talent can you tower guys stop crying about your pay?
Never! It’s my right as a gub’mint employee.

Sometimes I do wonder if moving to a system of fewer levels e.g. A=12+, B=10-11, C=7-9, D=5-6 F=4 would lead to fewer issues, and far fewer upgrades/downgrades. A lot of time energy and effort is spent on 1 point upgrades/downgrades.

Tower requires the least amount of actual ATC talent, lol. That's one of the best jokes I've heard in a long long time lol.

How is 9 to 10 nearly impossible? There are plenty of 9’s and plenty of 10’s

Go look at the numbers BNA and AUS run and the staffing they have. Then go look at MSY and CVG.

The modifier for having a class bravo is ridiculous.
Ah I see what you’re saying. Maybe that explains the higher pay bump for 9-10

I wouldn't surprised if DAB got upgraded to a 10 again in the not to distant future. Selfishly I hope it doesn't happen until after Feb of 2025.

Back
Top Bottom