Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Ill make it easier for you...You leave the Academy would you prefer to be assigned to a level 6 or level 4?
If it were between a 4 tower and a 6 up/down, 4 all day. They have like 10 employees and under 6 month training time usually. Low level towers are revolving doors. You get 3 certs that’s almost a third of the facility getting out.

Realistically, when can a facility expect to get an upgrade once they’ve hit 3 months of above buffer traffic, with projections showing they’ll keep it?

Realistically, when can a facility expect to get an upgrade once they’ve hit 3 months of above buffer traffic, with projections showing they’ll keep it?
9 months after that when the projected numbers actually play out, plus another 4-6 months to confirm and process it all. Then you will eventually get back pay to when it started, but it will take that long to play out, the FAA (NATCA) does not let anyone cut corners with this anymore.

Today show this morning asked the busiest runway in America. DCA RWY 1. Congratulations for doing it for level 9 pay. The FAA appreciates your effort.

Today show this morning asked the busiest runway in America. DCA RWY 1. Congratulations for doing it for level 9 pay. The FAA appreciates your effort.
There could be some merit to it if framed as just a single runway as opposed to airport 🤷‍♂️

Surprised the DC area don't get the same deal as NYC. All facilities match the level of the highest one (12). With Santa from ZDC and NATCA based there surprised they never worked that out.

Surprised the DC area don't get the same deal as NYC. All facilities match the level of the highest one (12). With Santa from ZDC and NATCA based there surprised they never worked that out.
Hold on, let me cook.

For real. Just because Denver, DFW, LAX spread their runway demand doesn’t mean they’re less busy
I would say as far as Core 30s are concerned, Local Control at SFO is probably busiest because their operation don't allow for multiple LC positions. LGA and DCA are not too far behind for the same reason.

DEN is certainly busy but has the ability to staff LC1, LC2, LC3, and LC4.

I would say as far as Core 30s are concerned, Local Control at SFO is probably busiest because their operation don't allow for multiple LC positions. LGA and DCA are not too far behind for the same reason.

DEN is certainly busy but has the ability to staff LC1, LC2, LC3, and LC4.
Meanwhile, SAN with their one runway and stuck at lvl 8 because they legitimately hit their max capacity with it and can't move up.

Not having the luxury of "LUAW, traffic landing the crossing runway" but "LUAW, traffic 3 1/2 mile final, 737, be ready to go" and having the wait until the arrival that just landed exits the runway instead of passes through the intersection prob makes for some tricky plays.

Then again, I don't work there but I imagine that's some of the complexity.

I just want to know how SAN gets more staffing than my facility with less traffic, 35% less gates, having ramp control while GC at my facility has to deal with push backs.

We obviously failed at inflating positions needed.

Oh and supposedly no departures from 2330-0630 due to noise abatement according to airnav? Wtf.

Back
Top Bottom