Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Ok Willy Wonka.

804s are just as catastrophic. They rip the heart out of facilities and leave them a shell of themselves to bleed out until they get contracted or wallow in level 4 hell for decades.

The 3 facilities you reference still have controllers working there. Controllers who are now less than they were yesterday in pay and prestige.

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF
Very clearly brother boots has some sort of entitlement that a level 5 or 4 804 leave behind isn’t worth feeling bad for. Sad sad. IMG_0575.jpeg

MGM got downgraded because our main runway was shortened to 6000 feet for about 9 months last year to replace the BAK 12s and we couldn't do any precision approaches so the military went somewhere else. Even now that the runway is back to normal the military traffic still hasn't fully returned. Then this year in March our F16s left while they wait to get their F35s in December. So no guard traffic either.

We hope to get back up to level 7 once the F35s return. We're barely below the threshold
A80 will gladly give you the Columbus sector. It would help with A80 facility staffing and MGM getting upgraded again.

A80 will gladly give you the Columbus sector. It would help with A80 facility staffing and MGM getting upgraded again.
Everyone here says the FAA wants to take our radar away lol. Rumors since I got here is the FAA wants to give our radar to A80 but the cross state border thing is holding it up. Idk how true it is though

3 of these downgrades are 804's and given golden tickets to any facility in the NAS. Get a clue Top5dipshit
An 804 is not a "golden ticket to any facility in the NAS." A facility closing altogether like SMO is closer to that, or so I've heard tell—it's been a while since the last time it happened so we'll see what they do when it comes time.

An 804 siphons off a handful or fewer controllers to go the the gaining radar facility only, not to any facility, and leaves behind a couple more handfuls of BUEs who are still working dogshit traffic but now without the benefit of working radar to break up the monotony. The one benefit is that training times drop and in theory you can cycle trainees in faster and send more people out on NCEPTs... unless people jump to sup jobs or whatever else just like at every other facility.

804’s are great, I am happy there is quiet language in FAA Reauthorization that nobody is talking about which could super charge them. It’s a way out for almost 50% of the facility, basically the last good way to circumvent NCEPT. Old crusties and locals who want to stay can. I don’t think they ever get contracted out (though that would be the way to save everyone there who couldn’t get out through 804), the FAA hasn’t talked consolidation in decades.

804’s are great, I am happy there is quiet language in FAA Reauthorization that nobody is talking about which could super charge them. It’s a way out for almost 50% of the facility, basically the last good way to circumvent NCEPT. Old crusties and locals who want to stay can. I don’t think they ever get contracted out (though that would be the way to save everyone there who couldn’t get out through 804), the FAA hasn’t talked consolidation in decades.
selfish.

Everyone here says the FAA wants to take our radar away lol. Rumors since I got here is the FAA wants to give our radar to A80 but the cross state border thing is holding it up. Idk how true it is though
What's the cross state border thing?

A80 already works Auburn

I love how everyone ignores that Socal TRACON does 1,000 more ops per day than N90, yet i've never seen a SCT controller on here crying about money! Socal deserves an upgrade.

Makes No Sense Wtf GIF by Sara Dietschy

It's great if your one of the individuals that can get out during the process. For everyone else that gets left behind or has to go to that facility in the future it's a death sentence. 804 is a short-term victory for controllers but a long-term win for the Agency. But hey, don't believe me, talk to the guy who is in charge of the 804 process for the Agency. In his own words, and I was surprised that he even said it out loud, the Agency is saving millions. This guy would close down every lvl 6 and below in the NAS if he could. That may sound great until you realize half the NAS would be level 4 towers. The Agency is playing and winning the long game.

It's great if your one of the individuals that can get out during the process. For everyone else that gets left behind or has to go to that facility in the future it's a death sentence. 804 is a short-term victory for controllers but a long-term win for the Agency. But hey, don't believe me, talk to the guy who is in charge of the 804 process for the Agency. In his own words, and I was surprised that he even said it out loud, the Agency is saving millions. This guy would close down every lvl 6 and below in the NAS if he could. That may sound great until you realize half the NAS would be level 4 towers. The Agency is playing and winning the long game.
A level 4 tower only is not a death sentence.

Do you understand how level 4 facilities get people?
Yes, I do but you're selling it as if a level 4 facility is a great place to be. If it's so great throw your paperwork in. I'm sure they would love an ATC god such as yourself, from IND, to come in and show them how's it done.
Ill make it easier for you...You leave the Academy would you prefer to be assigned to a level 6 or level 4?

Back
Top Bottom