Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Where can you find that information?
On an FAA computer. aap.faa.gov
Click I accept.
Then click on TCIP traffic count.
Then I believe in the menu it shows facilities above the buffer (likely to be upgraded) and below the buffer (likely to be downgraded)

On an FAA computer. aap.faa.gov
Click I accept.
Then click on TCIP traffic count.
Then I believe in the menu it shows facilities above the buffer (likely to be upgraded) and below the buffer (likely to be downgraded)

I never have any luck on computers that are normally just unlocked and ready to use all day. I find I have to use my card to log into a computer for this site to work.

I believe they must be above the buffer for 12 consecutive months for the process to start for uprgrading at CVG. They fell below in recent months to restart that count.

Isnt there a grace period as well for falling below the buffer?
Yes. Must stay below the buffer for a year also, I'm pretty sure. Places that have ANG Units that deploy cause their number to drop drastically then see them pop right back up 6 months later. I don't have any of this in writing, and mostly going by hearsay and gut instinct.

I believe it's 3 months above buffer to go up but 12 months below to go down.
It's 3 months in the green for up and 6 months in the red for down. Once you hit that threshold they will start the validation and audit process. That process has to be completed before you fall back out of the green. Even one month of nongreen can kill your audit.
You can survive (much) more than 6 months in the red under certain circumstances.

It's 3 months in the green for up and 6 months in the red for down. Once you hit that threshold they will start the validation and audit process. That process has to be completed before you fall back out of the green. Even one month of nongreen can kill your audit.
You can survive (much) more than 6 months in the red under certain circumstances.
Good to know. At a facility currently that's about to start hitting the 9 buffer.

Back
Top Bottom