Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Latest round of downgrades effective 10/9:

D21 new level - 10
ITO new level - 5
MSP new level - 10
STL new level - 7

Anyone more knowledgeable about traffic count able to tell me if a facility can only count the traffic from the hours of 7am to 11pm? One of the supes said this and I've heard from a traffic management person at our facility that we don't count all traffic which sounds insane to me since it's quite a bit of traffic outside of those hours. I was under the impression everything was for the most part automated and 24hrs.

Anyone more knowledgeable about traffic count able to tell me if a facility can only count the traffic from the hours of 7am to 11pm? One of the supes said this and I've heard from a traffic management person at our facility that we don't count all traffic which sounds insane to me since it's quite a bit of traffic outside of those hours. I was under the impression everything was for the most part automated and 24hrs.
Your TCI is computed from your busiest X amount of hours (I forget the actual numbers) on a rolling 12 month average. If you have a ridiculously busy mid one night, then those hours will make the cut.

They only count your busiest hours so seasonal and non-24 hour facilities don't get hosed.

Last edited:
It's all broken down in the slate book appendix but more or less it comes down the facilities busiest 1830 hours per year.

Your busiest 3660 is what matters for your sustained multiplier. (Top 1830 and 2nd 1830). You busiest 1830 is what matters for all the weights in the formulas. 1830 just averages to 5 hours a day. 3660 averages to 10 hours a day. But it’s not per day it’s total for the year.

The TCI cutoff for level 5 tower only is 46 and in October, their tower TCI was 45.69. It kind of bounces around between 45 and 47 so I'd expect the initial downgrade to be to a 5 and to keep the option available to downgrade further to a 4 in the future.

No official effective date on the TCIP website yet MJ

The TCI cutoff for level 5 tower only is 46 and in October, their tower TCI was 45.69. It kind of bounces around between 45 and 47 so I'd expect the initial downgrade to be to a 5 and to keep the option available to downgrade further to a 4 in the future.

No official effective date on the TCIP website yet MJ
Is there a way to look up TCI info on the FAA network? Or do you have to calculate the TCI by hand?

Back
Top Bottom