Serious Fatigue Memo 5/3/2024

So let me get this straight.. you all are pissed we are getting more time off between shifts and mids?

It’s true, you all do b**** about everything
why are they bitching?
—— it’ll possibly require less sleep and recovery time to make it work. On paper it sounds great, but in low staffed facilities, it’ll be a nightmare.

So let me get this straight.. you all are pissed we are getting more time off between shifts and mids?

It’s true, you all do b**** about everything

Maybe we're pissed about the Agency trying to impose rules mid year.

Maybe it's because what the fuck is an extra hour gonna do? Are you for real? A whole extra hour.

Want to actually combat fatigue, staff appropriately so we're not working short or overtime.

Case in point ⬆️
A whole hour bro?! You’re right it’s no big deal, an hour worth of extra sleep can fuck right the fuck off. Sometimes controllers literally are contrarians just because “fuck the FAA”. Doesn’t matter if it helps them or not.

Maybe it's because what the fuck is an extra hour gonna do? Are you for real? A whole extra hour.

Want to actually combat fatigue, staff appropriately so we're not working short or overtime.
Correct. Staffing is a bigger factor towards fatigue than schedules will ever be and it continues to be ignored.

You would be bitching if it was forced immediately, would be bitching if it was removed permanently, and would be bitching if it is moved to 2025.

And I’m sure you bitch about NiW and FAA reauth being passed as a solution for your last sentence.

It doesn’t matter what happens, whining will occur

why are they bitching?
—— it’ll possibly require less sleep and recovery time to make it work. On paper it sounds great, but in low staffed facilities, it’ll be a nightmare.
Which is why we have a say now in deploying the new schedules. Thanks to the big old bad “collaboration” that is useless

It doesn’t matter what’s good for the membership as long as you can shove Rick Santa’s cock down your throat and say he won something (he didn’t)

Rattler is based if you only work 5 days a week. But it’s going away. So now the question becomes. What will NATCA get approved as the new normal. We need to make sure we don’t wind up with some total bullshit out of this.
Agreed

Maybe I'm a cynic but when has a change such as this EVER benefited the worker.

They must really hate their home life if that's the case. I'd take literally sitting on the couch doing nothing over going to work every damn time.

Easy pal.

You realize you're still at work for 40 hours right? Having an extra hour between shifts just makes you at work an hour later than normal. So congrats you get to sit at home and extra hour before work so you can be at work an hour later.

You know what would really help the home life? Not working 6 fuckin days or Holdover.

EDIT: Shit I should've added spot leave. It's been unavailable so long I forgot it was a thing.

Easy pal.

You realize you're still at work for 40 hours right? Having an extra hour between shifts just makes you at work an hour later than normal. So congrats you get to sit at home and extra hour before work so you can be at work an hour later.

You know what would really help the home life? Not working 6 fuckin days or Holdover.

EDIT: Shit I should've added spot leave. It's been unavailable so long I forgot it was a thing.
You obviously didn’t read the entire comment I initially quoted, guy. It was about the 5/10 Covid schedule, not whatever else you’re bitching about.

So may a needs to be like fighting to get 4 10s approved. They (FAA) were like very anti approving 4 10s in a lot of places last year

You guys are going to be a reason (not the reason lol) I turn my reinstatement. I’ll just got design some SID’s and STARS from the comfort of my couch 🙃

So may a needs to be like fighting to get 4 10s approved. They (FAA) were like very anti approving 4 10s in a lot of places last year
Yeah there were a couple of GMs who decided "it wasn't legal" or some BS. We can't do 4 10s without mandatory 1 day of OT for everyone. We have a couple lines with them, but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom