In light of the fatigue memo we should go to 24 hour shifts similar to Federal Fight Fighters...

In light of the fatigue memo we should go to 24 hour shifts similar to Federal Fight Fighters. We should run our shifts not exactly like theirs but similar.

8 hour shift - 8 hour shift - 24 hour shift

The 24 hour shift would be 6AM to Noon and then your are required to rest from Noon to Midnight and you take position again from Midnight to 6AM in the morning.

The 24 hour shift already exists in the federal government with Fire fighters (at a minimum) so the precedent it there and on top of that they sleep during that 24 hour shift.

Attachments

• IMG_2555.gif
    IMG_2555.gif
    166.9 KB · Views: 30
This is never happening. Not even close. It’s a stupid debate. Just end it now
If it is something you don't desire fine...

But NATCA should get it as an option in the next contract so those facilities that want it can have it. Just like you cannot be forced onto 4-10s you wouldn't be able to be forced onto this schedule.

Last edited:
If it is something you don't desire fine...

But NATCA should get it as an option in the next contract so those facilities that want it can have it. Just like you cannot be forced onto 4-10s you wouldn't be able to be forced onto this schedule.
It’ll never happen, but I’d be cool if it was an option. 4 day weekends would be great even if I was at work for so long. Better option I think would be three 12’s. Call 36 hours full time instead of 40

It’ll never happen, but I’d be cool if it was an option. 4 day weekends would be great even if I was at work for so long. Better option I think would be three 12’s. Call 36 hours full time instead of 40
Can you imagine doing 12 hours in the building at C90 or ZFW on a friday morning with thunderstorms and summer traffic? You'd be a fucking zombie

Can you imagine doing 12 hours in the building at C90 or ZFW on a friday morning with thunderstorms and summer traffic? You'd be a fucking zombie
I’m definitely not saying implement it on everyone, I’m just saying it would be cool if it was an option. People do the rattler for a reason, longer weekends. If you like 8’s stay in 8’s, but it’ll never happen of course

Back
Top Bottom