FERS Pension Annuity Calculator

Hey everyone I didn't see a tool for this anywhere, so I made a quick and dirty calculator for FERS pension annuities. Does not include social security supplements.
Just fill in green boxes with appropriate values.
Features:
Ability to compare 2 different retirement parameter datasets side by side.
Adjustable COLA %s with the appropriate CPI to COLA calculations (comes with preset average for 20 years of CPI data)
MRA+30 retirement calculator for deferring COLA for appropriate number of years.
Adjustable yearly raise value (useful for comparing early retirement to a potential later one)
Ability to input invalid retirement age so you can dream of retiring early.
Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Notes:
Yearly raise set by default to 1.6% since that is what is currently guaranteed.
The pension base for raises is set to calculate the years of raises -1, to help account for the high 3
Does not provide salary caps for raises.

Attachments

• ATC FERS Pension Calculator.xlsx
    14.3 KB · Views: 377
Anyone know what the calculation is for the social security supplement? That’s the only thing that can be hard to estimate.
1. Take your latest Social Security benefit estimate at age 62, which you can get by setting up a personal account at www.ssa.gov/mystatement;
2. Multiply that figure by your total years of FERS service, rounded up to the next higher year;
3. Divide the product by 40.

It’s called FERS+CSRS

You plug in all your info…hire date, retirement date, tsp balance etc. it will give you estimated tsp growth, annuity growth. It will even show you what your estimated SS supplement will be.

Small update, added cumulative annuity so you can compare total pension earnings. It looks at the difference between the retirement ages you input to calculate when you would start taking the payments.
Hey everyone I didn't see a tool for this anywhere, so I made a quick and dirty calculator for FERS pension annuities. Does not include social security supplements.
Just fill in green boxes with appropriate values.
Features:
Ability to compare 2 different retirement parameter datasets side by side.
Adjustable COLA %s with the appropriate CPI to COLA calculations (comes with preset average for 20 years of CPI data)
MRA+30 retirement calculator for deferring COLA for appropriate number of years.
Adjustable yearly raise value (useful for comparing early retirement to a potential later one)
Ability to input invalid retirement age so you can dream of retiring early.
Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Notes:
Yearly raise set by default to 1.6% since that is what is currently guaranteed.
The pension base for raises is set to calculate the years of raises -1, to help account for the high 3
Does not provide salary caps for raises.

It’s called FERS+CSRS

You plug in all your info…hire date, retirement date, tsp balance etc. it will give you estimated tsp growth, annuity growth. It will even show you what your estimated SS supplement will be.
Didn't know that, I can't find a non apple version though unfortunately.

Attachments

• ATC FERS Pension Calculator v2.xlsx
    19.1 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom