Getting out of NATCA

I am as well, for the same reason... I feel they don't represent the best interest of the members.

So dumb. This Union is the sole reason that we have the pay, benefits, and work environment that you all are fortunate enough to enjoy.

There will MOUs you don't like (NCEPT). There will be lousy facreps and RVPs. They may even support a political candidate you don't agree with.

The important (and adult) thing to do is realize the collective organization of all of us is what matters at the end of the day. When you fraction that (leave) because NATCA isn't working for 'me', you are missing the whole goddamn part of a union.

So dumb. This Union is the sole reason that we have the pay, benefits, and work environment that you all are fortunate enough to enjoy.

There will MOUs you don't like (NCEPT). There will be lousy facreps and RVPs. They may even support a political candidate you don't agree with.

The important (and adult) thing to do is realize the collective organization of all of us is what matters at the end of the day. When you fraction that (leave) because NATCA isn't working for 'me', you are missing the whole goddamn part of a union.

Well said. On a local level run for President or Vice president to make changes from within.

You may see the good, I see more bad than good... not just locally but above and beyond as well. I don't feel it is worthwhile to pay money to people on the union payroll that aren't helping their people. There's nothing the local level can do when the guys at the top are the ones sinking the ship.

You may see the good, I see more bad than good... not just locally but above and beyond as well. I don't feel it is worthwhile to pay money to people on the union payroll that aren't helping their people. There's nothing the local level can do when the guys at the top are the ones sinking the ship.
Personally, I plan on staying through 2018. If Paul and Trish get re-elected in national elections, then I will more than likely bail. The problem with the membership is many have no ability to exercise individual thought and reason, and agree to whatever these assholes say. It's time to get these idiots out and get new blood in.

Frustration is understandable but a weaker union hurts us all.

Nah the union will continue to sell us out to add contract towers into their pool etc. All about quantity over quality seems like.

Frustration is understandable but a weaker union hurts us all.

The hope is that the Union sees people leaving and begins to understand their actions are NOT ok. I do not desire to give money that goes into personal bank accounts when they're sending us down the river without a paddle. There's nothing I can do to rid the union of corruption, so I'm not going to support the union.

You had better be at the facility you are staying at for life before running against them! Or worse, ready to bid management lol. Gonna get NATCA black listed.....

You had better be at the facility you are staying at for life before running against them! Or worse, ready to bid management lol. Gonna get NATCA black listed.....
Lol this and I say this not to scare you guys because you're welcome to do what you'd like. Every major Tower/TRACON/Center I visited I was always asked if I was a union member and I'm paraphrasing but what followed was always something like this, "Good, the first thing we do when we get an NCEPT priority list is to cross off all non union members".
Now it's not impossible to move as a non union member, but as facilities are getting closer to the national average and more people are becoming eligible each panel, it will be an uphill battle.

Yeah remember at convention despite an overwhelming majority vote on basically not wanting to privatize or at least have it up for vote -- a "last minute resolution" behind closed doors by the facrep whipping boys was voted the other way. Shocking. They're going to do what they're going to do, they preach this brotherhood bullshit then sell us down the river to further their personal agenda. Sound familiar?
It started with the abolishment of the impeachment clause, then they raised dues, then they passed this ERR bullshit, then they do the secret MOU with N90, then privatization. There is a clear cookie trail of bad decisions that needs to be addressed when election time comes. Nothing they tell me will atone for the buffoonery they have gotten away with.

Back
Top Bottom