GI Bill BAH rate for second facility

Floofa4662

Quick question. Does anyone know if your GI Bill rate is supposed to reset to the 100% BAH when you transfer via ERR? Im in the process of setting it up for my second facility and the VA is telling me that since I used 11 months of benefits at my first facility I will recieve 1 month of 80% then 6 months of 60% and so on. It doesn't seem like it would work that way since it is a seperate training program really?

Thanks

I received 100% GI Bill payments for the 5 months it took me to certify at my second facility.

It's supposed to reset since it's a different certification. Might be worth arguing with the VA, but they've been worse than usual lately so good luck.

Quick question. Does anyone know if your GI Bill rate is supposed to reset to the 100% BAH when you transfer via ERR? Im in the process of setting it up for my second facility and the VA is telling me that since I used 11 months of benefits at my first facility I will recieve 1 month of 80% then 6 months of 60% and so on. It doesn't seem like it would work that way since it is a seperate training program really? Thanks

I had 21 months left when I arrived at my second facility. Mine started over at 100% payout and has dwindled down on the normal every 6 months schedule.

Did you reapply or were you just trying to piggy back off the last approval?

If you submit an application for the new facility it’s just like your starting it for the first time.

Did you reapply or were you just trying to piggy back off the last approval?

If you submit an application for the new facility it’s just like your starting it for the first time.

I reapplyed but i had to fill out a form saying i had previously used it at a different location to transfer the benefits. I wonder how i should go about getting them to change my status to 100%? They are incredibly useless on the phone. This is the post 9/11 by the way.

Did you use form 22-1995 for the change of training?

Yeah thats the one i used. However i did notice on the VA 22-1999 my secretary filled out it did say previous credit hours and listed the 1760 hours i used in my preivous facility. I wonder if i re submit that form and put 0 hours there if that will make a difference.

That's your issue, the previous hours dont count on a new certification. Resubmit a correction and start from 0

They should, as to how quick idk. They do have a massive backlog right now so I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed for a quick correction.

Just keep track of what payment you received and what they'll still pay for that month, report an over payment. You don't want to owe the VA

Make sure they pay you properly. I only received 3 months of 100% pay, they then decided to not pay me for 3 months, and resumed at the 80% rate

Oh and also didn’t pay me last month.

I’m going through the same thing. I’ve been going back and forth with the VA for months. One person says I should restart at 100% and the next says I’m wrong. Does anyone have any documentation that says what CPC-IT are entitled to?

Back
Top Bottom