Government Shutdown

He just wants to disagree with me even tho he’s wrong
This is a direct quote from Biden literally yesterday. Do you ever tire of being wrong?

"I’m going to get in trouble for saying this," Biden told a meeting of news columnists on Wednesday, raising the Democratic argument that "the president may have the executive power to forgive up to $50,000 in student debt. Well, I think that’s pretty questionable. I’m unsure of that. I’d be unlikely to do that.”

This is a direct quote from Biden literally yesterday. Do you ever tire of being wrong?

"I’m going to get in trouble for saying this," Biden told a meeting of news columnists on Wednesday, raising the Democratic argument that "the president may have the executive power to forgive up to $50,000 in student debt. Well, I think that’s pretty questionable. I’m unsure of that. I’d be unlikely to do that.”
A quote saying that he has the power?

It’s not exactly clear why Biden is convinced this would be an overstep of the office. As Alexis Goldstein, a senior policy analyst at Americans for Financial Reform, pointed out, Trump has exercised his executive power to cancel student loan interest payments in March, and then again in August and December, effectively cancelling a portion of student debt.

It’s not exactly clear why Biden is convinced this would be an overstep of the office. As Alexis Goldstein, a senior policy analyst at Americans for Financial Reform, pointed out, Trump has exercised his executive power to cancel student loan interest payments in March, and then again in August and December, effectively cancelling a portion of student debt.
Trump deferred payments and interest.

The executive branch is in the business of collecting the money, the legislative is in the business of deciding where it goes.

It is within the presidential powers to defer payments, that is not the same as a cancelation. Same to interest payments, that is within the president's power to defer or cancel interest since it's origin is outside of congressional authority. Yet he can't do anything about the principal amount.

Trump deferred payments and interest.

The executive branch is in the business of collecting the money, the legislative is in the business of deciding where it goes.

It is within the presidential powers to defer payments, that is not the same as a cancelation. Same to interest payments, that is within the president's power to defer or cancel interest since it's origin is outside of congressional authority. Yet he can't do anything about the principal amount.
a lot of economists and law people disagree with that but ok.

a lot of economists and law people disagree with that but ok.
Never any disagreement with that crowd huh? Trump did it than it would be 6-3 for it in the supreme court. Biden does it it'll be 6-3 against. Or possibly 149-6 in favor if the libs get their way on packing the court. Gotta keep that healthy majority.

Never any disagreement with that crowd huh? Trump did it than it would be 6-3 for it in the supreme court. Biden does it it'll be 6-3 against. Or possibly 149-6 in favor if the libs get their way on packing the court. Gotta keep that healthy majority.
Might as well test it. Delete the debt records while it’s growing through the process

Might as well test it. Delete the debt records while it’s growing through the process
I would prefer it if they created/expanded student loan repayment programs for degrees that actually matter or are needed. I'm not trying to pay for dumbass to spend 7 years van wilder style to come out with a degree in art history or "journalism" like that actually exist anymore.

I would prefer it if they created/expanded student loan repayment programs for degrees that actually matter or are needed. I'm not trying to pay for dumbass to spend 7 years van wilder style to come out with a degree in art history or "journalism" like that actually exist anymore.
Who cares about by helping a kid when we give billionaires a trillion dollars.

Who cares about by helping a kid when we give billionaires a trillion dollars.
There is a legitimate arguement to be made about the type of education someone gets loans for. It isn't just convenience that Arts/Humanities majors default on student loans more than others.

Should just be free with a cap on programs.

There is a legitimate arguement to be made about the type of education someone gets loans for. It isn't just convenience that Arts/Humanities majors default on student loans more than others.

Should just be free with a cap on programs.
Whatever we have as a shortage nationally, and say we will pay for schooling towards this degree as long as you do the job for 10 years after graduating. Something to that effect.

Whatever we have as a shortage nationally, and say we will pay for schooling towards this degree as long as you do the job for 10 years after graduating. Something to that effect.
Government-sponsored schooling like that would be a great solution, the only thing I'd be worried about is the qualifications to get into such a program succumbing to such things as the BioQ scandal.

Either way, it'd be the best step forward, backing loans for career fields that either doesn't earn enough or aren't in demand is about as retarded as taking a loan for said careers.

Government-sponsored schooling like that would be a great solution, the only thing I'd be worried about is the qualifications to get into such a program succumbing to such things as the BioQ scandal.

Either way, it'd be the best step forward, backing loans for career fields that either doesn't earn enough or aren't in demand is about as retarded as taking a loan for said careers.
You know what would be a better way to solve all these issues than anything you guys are coming up with? A free market in education. Get the government out of the student loan business and colleges won't be able to charge 100k for a B.S. in sociology where the job prospects afterwards pay 30k/year. Let loans be able to be written off in bankruptcy and let private lenders assess the risk of default and put their own money up to compensate for said risk. Yes, interest rates will rise on student loans and not everyone will qualify but that is what's necessary. Not everyone can go to school and study music. The reason some plumbers and electricians and mechanics make such good money is that the job market is not free. It is distorted by all the governments well intentioned programs. If I'm 18 years old and I can either go get an apprenticeship with a plumber to do hard, not fun manual labor or go take out 100k of low interest debt from the gov subsidized by the taxpayer to party it up for 4 years and get a worthless shit degree at the end of it, which one do you think my fresh out of high school dumbass is going to pick? The most labor I'm going to be doing is that first semester when I'm a lowly pledge bitch trying to appease my future frat bros.

Last edited:
You know what would be a better way to solve all these issues than anything you guys are coming up with? A free market in education. Get the government out of the student loan business and colleges won't be able to charge 100k for a B.S. in sociology where the job prospects afterwards pay 30k/year. Let loans be able to be written on in bankruptcy and let private lenders assess the risk of default and put their own money up so compensate for said risk. Yes, interest rates will rise on student loans and not everyone will qualify but that is what's necessary. Not everyone can go to school and study music. The reason some plumbers and electricians and mechanics make such good money is that the job market is not free. It is distorted by all the governments well intentioned programs. If I'm 18 years old and I can either go get an apprenticeship with a plumber to do hard, not fun manual labor or go take out 100k of low interest debt from the gov subsidized by the taxpayer to party it up for 4 years and get a worthless shit degree at the end of it, which one do you think my fresh out of high school dumbass is going to pick? The most labor I'm going to be doing is that first semester when I'm a lowly pledge bitch trying to appease my future frat bros.
Yah right. You got sofi and every other fintech handing out a 100k to anyone who wants it

Back
Top Bottom