Government Shutdown

I just don’t understand why or how they could let you come in during a shutdown and swear in.
The way it worked for me was I was added to the payroll on Sunday for first day of the new pay period but it was classified as an RDO with my first official day at the facility being Monday. I imagine they could do the same by adding an employee on Sunday as an RDO and then furlough until the shutdown ends. When it does end and the employee finally reports on the first work day then swear in and paperwork can be accomplished

The way it worked for me was I was added to the payroll on Sunday for first day of the new pay period but it was classified as an RDO with my first official day at the facility being Monday. I imagine they could do the same by adding an employee on Sunday as an RDO and then furlough until the shutdown ends. When it does end and the employee finally reports on the first work day then swear in and paperwork can be accomplished
Sunday is my first official day but it is my rdo. I swear in to make my employment official then I'm furloughed.

I checked employee Express and that last paycheck being cut for pay period 27 is missing overtime hours. Am I SOL on getting my overtime paid for for my overtime before the shutdown

From
I checked employee Express and that last paycheck being cut for pay period 27 is missing overtime hours. Am I SOL on getting my overtime paid for for my overtime before the shutdown
my understanding, T&I will be amended for accuracy when OPM, or whoever signs out paychecks comes back from furlough.

Payroll was submitted early for PP27 and may not show everything. Per NATCA keep track and if it’s not made up by PP3 let your rep know. And if your rep didn’t inform anyone about this you should say something because they knew since at least the 21st.

Yeah I knew it got cut early but I was under the impression that any overtime that was scheduled for that pay period was going to be paid even if you didnt work it after the fact. Hence why some people will be over paid if they banged in on their scheduled overtime. So the overtime I'm missing which was scheduled should of been on there. I'm just worried I guess because everything is going to be so backed up.

Yeah I knew it got cut early but I was under the impression that any overtime that was scheduled for that pay period was going to be paid even if you didnt work it after the fact. Hence why some people will be over paid if they banged in on their scheduled overtime. So the overtime I'm missing which was scheduled should of been on there. I'm just worried

I’m missing several scheduled OT hours as well. No need to worry, if they don’t make it up automatically just say something and it will be.

Any update on academy land?
On furlough. Students officially sent home and per diem ended yesterday, whether they chose to actually go home or not was up to them. Once the shutdown ends, they'll be given a couple days to get back and get started again in class.
When class starts, they'll probably have two days of review and catchup.

Yeah I knew it got cut early but I was under the impression that any overtime that was scheduled for that pay period was going to be paid even if you didnt work it after the fact. Hence why some people will be over paid if they banged in on their scheduled overtime. So the overtime I'm missing which was scheduled should of been on there. I'm just worried I guess because everything is going to be so backed up.

It said something along the lines of pay would be projected based on normal pay. The OT and everything else will just be dealt with later.

Has any information come out as to how the shutdown will effect the upcoming NCEPT panel?

KSN has obviously not been updated since all of this has happened.
I don’t imagine the panel would be an issue as long as the shut down ends before the NCEPT numbers are due that the panel would be using to make their decisions.

I don’t imagine the panel would be an issue as long as the shut down ends before the NCEPT numbers are due that the panel would be using to make their decisions.

Assuming the worst. Would they have to cancel the next panel if the shutdown is not over by then?

Wait till how pissed Americans get if this shut down continues into the middle/end of January and the government announces a delay in processing federal tax returns because the IRS is partially staffed.

Wait till how pissed Americans get if this shut down continues into the middle/end of January and the government announces a delay in processing federal tax returns because the IRS is partially staffed.

Well fuck I didn’t even think of that

If I had preapproved annual leave on Saturday 12/22, the day after the shutdown began, my understanding is that I'll get paid for it in next Tuesday's paycheck, and my annual leave deducted, because the pay period was submitted early by HR. Will this later be converted to furlough, or will they just let it slide?

Also, I had preapproved holiday leave on Sunday 12/23 in lieu of Christmas day... is this going to count as a paid excused absence as usual, or furlough?

Back
Top Bottom