Highest number of Review Boards for one trainee?

I've done a few, 2 for one person, not sure how many they've got. Paperwork is the crazy thing-sometimes they are clearly not cut out, but the paperwork's all messed up. Other times, they seem like they just need a few extra hours. Unfortunately, most of the time it's a combo of shotty training, shotty paperork, and shotty performance. Do they deserve to be washed out...doesn't really matter when nothing is ever done right.

What’s the highest number of review boards you have seen for a single trainee at your facility?

I guess theoretically you could have one for almost every sector, so much so you would deserve a loyalty card or such.

View attachment 8038
didnt know i had a visual aid!

Attachments

• troll1.png
    troll1.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 48
Unfortunately, this is just another side effect of the nearly 2 years of bullshit COVID training holds. Any trainee, no matter how terrible, has a golden get out of jail free card if the agency tries to wash them out. I’d bet the number of people who have truly been washed out since COVID is incredibly small, if any.

Unfortunately, this is just another side effect of the nearly 2 years of bullshit COVID training holds. Any trainee, no matter how terrible, has a golden get out of jail free card if the agency tries to wash them out. I’d bet the number of people who have truly been washed out since COVID is incredibly small, if any.
I’ve seen a few wash.

But who's handing out these get out of jail free cards? Who's defending them? Is it NATCA? Is it FAA managment trying to cover their ass for failing to hire the correct amount of people over the past 15 years?

My area has 2 trainees now that have been training over 5 years. One of them was gifted her first 2 r-sides (2 easiest in the area) with no trainer recomends and the other was TRB'd on first 2 r sides during the heart of COVID traffic. Couldn't handle 50% traffic. After TRB the hours were 100% reset along with granting unlimited "spool up hours" but this happened to coincide with another training stop because of covid so he lost his D side currency. He's now spent over a year training on d sides and rumor is if he makes it through d sides he will attend r school for a 2nd time but obviously pass pass.

i heard that there is a dude at BUF who has been training since early 2017, so i think its unlimited.

Back
Top Bottom