UAW were on Strike for 6 weeks and....

Right. I didn’t say you did. I’m saying your 1.6 raises you got as a CPC at a lower level effectively get cancelled out when you move to a higher level and go to bottom of the band. That’s how half on the go is calculated, the difference between your current pay and bottom of the band at the higher level. You usually wouldn’t actually make the exact minimum because of raises you get while in training at the higher level.
Unless you’re receiving the 6 or 8 percent raise. Then you don’t lose any 1.6.

I’d be curious how exactly. Theoretically if someone transferred to a higher lever and certified in a month without hitting any June raises their pay would be set at the band minimum. If someone worked at the 12 for years they would have moved up within the band every year.

Ah I forgot an important detail. The guy who was here CPC’d during white book and the transfer came shortly after white book, so doesn’t really apply today.

In summary I got the CPC-IT 1.6% wrong. Point still stands that 1.6% per year is pathetic. When you look at the AFGE union, they've been advocating 8.7% raises or greater to keep up with inflation. They've done more on behalf of all Fed gov't & D.C. workers than NACTA itself. Shoot they managed to get TSA a raise. https://www.afge.org/article/tsa-of...ycheck-with-31-raise--largest-in-tsa-history/
I wish we would bring up the TSA rises more often. Santa should release a video on that. I want to know how that happen. The explanation will shut up the idiots on here who say “you can’t expect us to get a raise close to UAW or the airlines because they are private sector and we are public” lol.

I wish we would bring up the TSA rises more often. Santa should release a video on that. I want to know how that happen. The explanation will shut up the idiots on here who say “you can’t expect us to get a raise close to UAW or the airlines because they are private sector and we are public” lol.
They’ll say that we may way more then them and you can’t compare it

NATCA is lame, they want to act like they doing sooo much for the membership. Most of their boondoggles and workgroups are useless. They have stopped advocating on benefits and working conditions a looong time ago.
They’ll say that we may way more then them and you can’t compare it
It’s not like the NEB listens to anything the workforce says anyway. They listen to the FAA.
Last time Trish came around to my area I wanted to puke, she sounded like a FAA representative.

It’s not like the NEB listens to anything the workforce says anyway. They listen to the FAA.
Last time Trish came around to my area I wanted to puke, she sounded like a FAA representative.
That’s basically what it seems like they have become now, the true front line managers of the FAA, and a business. Selling $60 sweatpants, social justice shirts, promoting the “Snowball Express” charity thing to nausea until someone calculated it was not worth the money or they were not getting enough PR from it, then cut it off completely.

Ok that sounds normal. I think we misunderstood each other. You didn’t get to keep your progress you made moving up within the band at your lower level, correct?

Ok that sounds normal. I think we misunderstood each other. You didn’t get to keep your progress you made moving up within the band at your lower level, correct?
When I went between AG to D2 to D3 to CPC (no D1 at my first facility) you could say I “lost” my June Raise. However I was still increasing my base pay during each cert so I wasn’t sad to lose 1.6% when my new CPC pay was 20 grand higher than D3 pay. If I remember correctly my first June raise during an AG was just a cash payout on a paycheck because the AG band is a solid number. The second June Pay raise I retained until hitting CPC a couple months later because there’s a range on the D3 pay.

Is that what you’re looking at/for?

Back
Top Bottom