Holiday on Sunday

ehhwuit

So when I was in the DoD and had Holiday Leave, I would get the premiums for the shift I should have worked. Example, if I was going to work this coming 4th of July for a 3:15pm-11:15pm shift, but ended up with holiday leave, I would be credited with my normal pay on that day, plus the Sunday pay, as well as the 5.25 hours of night differential that I was originally scheduled to work. I think this was because, by their logic, I shouldn't LOSE pay just because a holiday happened.

I'm not even sure if that policy was DoD wide, or if local HR coded the pay that way.

Anyway, my real question is if that is how it works in the FAA.

You do not receive any differentials if you take leave in the faa.
You can’t be forced off your schedule to take leave.
In the scenario above, if you took leave you would be charged holiday leave, not annual. And forfeit any differentials.

Related question, is the actual holiday this year (for those of us who work weekends anyway) on Sunday, Independence Day, or Monday, Independence Day Observed? Of course it's Monday for non-operational personnel but I could see it going either way for us.

Related question, is the actual holiday this year (for those of us who work weekends anyway) on Sunday, Independence Day, or Monday, Independence Day Observed? Of course it's Monday for non-operational personnel but I could see it going either way for us.
I’m pretty sure for us it’s day of, not the “observed on” for the rest of the feds.

Always day of for us.
If it’s an RDO, your first day off your holiday is counted your first day back after, last day off last day worked before.
Monday Tuesday off, Monday holiday, your holiday is Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom